UDC's New toy (no Spoilers)

UDC is now in toys in stead of unicycle hardware? So after that Forbes thing they’ve contracted unemployed Chinese kids to sew the fluffy pluche stuffed toy’s? With such a unexpected sudden change in business I can understand why Mike Penton of unicyclemagazine was not able to report about that yet.

It would be a bit further for me, and I still want to know:o

Everyone knows that new toys need testing. UDC don’t just release products untested. Look at the new Nimbus X frame, it was under test with the Twin City club for almost 6 months before it was ready for release. :slight_smile:

What if the toast burnt or was even or the rack would not hold the toast properly?

Roger

Huh a unicycle made out of toast?

How does it fit into a toast baker? And how comfy is a toast seat?

No this is the new T7… the Toast 7, it is the development discussed in this thread.

It is a development that got busted, apparently it is the best thing since sliced bread.

:slight_smile:

Roger

So when will the new toy be ready for production and do you need a product tester?

I’m sure people will be very excited when they find out what you have done this time Roger.

I look forward to the toast rack but I knew about that months ago, this you had mentioned might be happening but I was surprised when I saw it and I fell in love.

Besides, I thought you were joking about the camper van. If I had thought you were serious then I might have agreed.

And Whoever is in Guildford and didn’t make the journey to Leeds, I’m definately not telling you, I go to loads of events that are that sort of distance. That’s why I get to play with the new toys.

Roger, If you put it in the post I’ll give the new toy some real testing for you.

Plumsie

Well UDC USA have told people that the toast rack project will be ready after Christmas. Knowing the deliveries etc. I think it will be the end of January. I am not sure if we are getting any to the UK then, it may be Easter. :frowning:

The project you played on with yesterday is due for release in July. Sorry you can not borrow it… it is improving my riding at the moment in leaps and bounds!

Sorry everyone… I will make an announcement about that well before the date as it is a project that people may want to pre-order. :slight_smile:

Roger

hm
so you finally got a proto of the geared cranks!!!
AWESOME!!!

kidding yawl

Wow, I wish Roger had shown me that, I’ve tried his shlumpf but I’ve still not seen the geared cranks.

Roger, when the production version of the new toy comes out can I get the old prototype off you to save it cluttering up your place.

I’d love a piece of history like that

Plumsie

Isn’t one of these pointless threads enough?

i was just toying. i don’t know what it is.

Roger is clearly enjoying our suspense far too much :smiley:

If we’re going to go this crazy every time UDC won’t tell us what their next product is, I can’t really blame them for keeping us in the dark a little longer!

The reason for using a 22.2 mm seatpost rather than a 25.4 mm seatpost is to give more room on the crown for standup skills (where you stand on the crown). It’s only a few extra mm more room going with the smaller diameter but those few extra mm are appreciated by those who do standup skills.

John is right, you can not let your toast rack get in your way when you are doing stand up ticks on your 36" unicycle. :slight_smile:

Hmmmm, want to demonstrate John?

Roger

I can only wish to be able to do standup skills and be worthy of a freestyle unicycle like the new Nimbus X.

My latest accomplishment is learning to crank idle. But I’m not able to transition into or out of crank idling yet. I may have to plan a trip to the UK to get some expert coaching tips from Connie. It is quite inconvenient to have Connie stuck in the UK. Her coaching tours to the Panther Pride in North Bend Washington were quite handy. I learned how to learn a new unicycling skill each time she was there.

I rather like here being stuck in the UK :wink:

John,
You are welcome any time to visit us in the UK. I am planning on running some freestyle workshops in tandem with a hockey tournament soon.

But you are in luck, as I’m not completely stuck here in the UK. I am planning a trip to Seattle in late January to work with the PP riders. Maybe we can connect then? A MUni ride would be fun too.

Connie
PS - Back on topic… No, I won’t be bringing the new UDC product with me when I go to Seattle. But I have ridden it and it is nice.

That is awesome. We can’t afford to keep you stuck in the UK. :slight_smile:

A soggy cold January muni ride will be in order. Then I’ll have to see if there is any proper beer, tea, chocolate, and toast spread in the area. The US does poorly in those areas compared to UK standards.

My rate of learning has plateaued at about one new skill every year. So I’m rather briefly excited that I managed to dedicate a few practice sessions to learning the basics of crank idling. At this rate I might actually learn (gasp!) two freestyle skills this year. :slight_smile:

I love my Nimbus X. Thanks for making such an awesome but cheap freestyle uni!