UDC's New toy (no Spoilers)

Isn’t one of these pointless threads enough?

i was just toying. i don’t know what it is.

Roger is clearly enjoying our suspense far too much :smiley:

If we’re going to go this crazy every time UDC won’t tell us what their next product is, I can’t really blame them for keeping us in the dark a little longer!

The reason for using a 22.2 mm seatpost rather than a 25.4 mm seatpost is to give more room on the crown for standup skills (where you stand on the crown). It’s only a few extra mm more room going with the smaller diameter but those few extra mm are appreciated by those who do standup skills.

John is right, you can not let your toast rack get in your way when you are doing stand up ticks on your 36" unicycle. :slight_smile:

Hmmmm, want to demonstrate John?

Roger

I can only wish to be able to do standup skills and be worthy of a freestyle unicycle like the new Nimbus X.

My latest accomplishment is learning to crank idle. But I’m not able to transition into or out of crank idling yet. I may have to plan a trip to the UK to get some expert coaching tips from Connie. It is quite inconvenient to have Connie stuck in the UK. Her coaching tours to the Panther Pride in North Bend Washington were quite handy. I learned how to learn a new unicycling skill each time she was there.

I rather like here being stuck in the UK :wink:

John,
You are welcome any time to visit us in the UK. I am planning on running some freestyle workshops in tandem with a hockey tournament soon.

But you are in luck, as I’m not completely stuck here in the UK. I am planning a trip to Seattle in late January to work with the PP riders. Maybe we can connect then? A MUni ride would be fun too.

Connie
PS - Back on topic… No, I won’t be bringing the new UDC product with me when I go to Seattle. But I have ridden it and it is nice.

That is awesome. We can’t afford to keep you stuck in the UK. :slight_smile:

A soggy cold January muni ride will be in order. Then I’ll have to see if there is any proper beer, tea, chocolate, and toast spread in the area. The US does poorly in those areas compared to UK standards.

My rate of learning has plateaued at about one new skill every year. So I’m rather briefly excited that I managed to dedicate a few practice sessions to learning the basics of crank idling. At this rate I might actually learn (gasp!) two freestyle skills this year. :slight_smile:

I love my Nimbus X. Thanks for making such an awesome but cheap freestyle uni!

It was an anti-gravity unicycle. Once the government found out about it, they buried the project. Don’t ask UDC about it. They’ve been coerced into silence.

Bringing back a 14 year post? It’s probably old news by now. Lol