UDC back in stock / New Nimbus 27.5 Muni

You don’t. You have a hub with a disk attachment point for the first disk and you run KH Spirit Disc cranks to attach the second one. Plus a M4O frame

Or the new Nimbus frame :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, I’m curious to see this fabled beast!

it would be easily possible to make a hub with 2 internal discs. Then you could mount the 2nd brake on the other side. The spoke width is smaller But with the 120mm Fatty hub it wouldn’t be a problem. Nice mind game, but the unicycle market and demand is too small for things like that. You always have to produce a series. That means a lot of investment

Sorted. :slight_smile:

27.5" Nimbus MUni Unicycle - Racing Green

3 Likes

A long time ago… we produced a Qu-Ax penny farthing with Oracle 36" forks and duel brake.

This was for Mike Penton and he has just told me that it is up for sale.

1 Like

Yeah! :+1:

Nice except the description can use a little update, you do not need a D’brake adaptor to attach a disc brake to it as it already has the mount :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep good point. Personally I did not really read it until now.

In this image you see both the disc hub and the brake tab. You literally just need a brake and some way to mount the brake leaver.

Thanks, updated. :slight_smile:

Cool, I went to check if you remembered to remove the references from the 24 and 26 as well but it seems you did.

So the Steel Nimbus 27.5" costs just £1 more than the 26"?

I think I would pay the extra £1 and get the 27.5 these days, as much as I love my 26. Though I suppose when stocks run low or someone who loves red appears, you will likely sell the 26ers as well. :wink:

Do you plan on continuing to offer both sizes, or will it be only 27.5, once all the 26ers sell?

Do they really both weigh 7kg? With a bigger wheel (584mm vs. 559mm) and a wider tyre (3.25" vs. 3"), I am a little surprised that they both came out at the same weight.

You have also listed the same frame length (170mm) but with the bigger wheel and tyre and recalling the clearance on the older version of the 26 with the Duro Wildlife Leopard, I am surprised that it would fit. Are they the same frame in different colours or is the 27.5 frame actually different and longer?

Ok, no… I can see the frames are visually different with the 26 being the same style as the 24 and the 27.5 being like the 29.

I’m surprised they’re both the same weight, but I’d honestly expect the 26" to be heavier than the 27.5". The Duro 26x3 and the tubes for them are very heavy compared to modern tyres.

1 Like

Ok, now I note the 29" is the same price as the 26" (i.e. £1 cheaper than the 27.5) and at 6kg, is lighter than the 26 and 27.5 and even the 24 (6.7kg). The 29 comes with a Duro Crux 29" x 3.25".

UDC (UK) are in my experience not great at providing accurate weights of unicycles (sorry @rogeratunicycledotcom !)

I suppose when they get a product in, unless they want to be able to sell one fewer (new), they won’t really want to be opening up a box, removing all of the packaging, and weighing it. It’s easier to rely on the weights provided by manufacturers or based on earlier samples/prototypes.

Fair enough but I cannot for the life of me see how the 27.5 can weigh 1kg more than the 29. They have the same frame design, the same kind of tyre and yet the bigger uni weighs a kilo less. :stuck_out_tongue:

That may well just be a copy and paste mistake

Most likely but since we are getting things corrected (e.g. the unneeded D’Brake reference), might as well fix this as well :wink:

I was merely joking. I don’t think it’s worth having two brakes on a unicycle. TBH I meant to mount a larger disk than 160cm and a more powerful brake than an old cheap Shimano on my 27.5 but couldn’t yet be bothered because I never felt that I needed more brake power - and it’s not like I live in a flat place where you hardly use the brake… (Sometimes I’d even require less - whenever I do a UPD because I accidentally hit the brake. :wink: )

1 Like

Here is that 27.5 Muni from a video (3:10)

1 Like