To would be Ian Flemings...

What would a Bond movie chase scene using unicycles look like? What would the setting be: rooftop; cliffside; woods? Can you fire a rocket launcher from a unicycle? What hi-tech accessories would these unicycles have? How would the set up be done so that unicycles turned out to be the vehicle of choice?

Kids want to know.

Raphael (002.4) Lasar
Matawan, NJ

“No, Mr. Bond, I don’t expect you to talk…
I expect you to UPD…”

Personally and it’s only me, I think they could have saved a lot of money in The Italian Job if they’d used Munis instead of Minis.:smiley:

I can’t believe I’ve just spent time doing this.

Phil, just me

ps. Apologies to the rider, whoever you are… :slight_smile:

uni007.jpg

Phil-

That was time well spent.

Re: To would be Ian Flemings…

JJuggle wrote:
> What would a Bond movie chase scene using unicycles look like? What
> would the setting be: rooftop; cliffside; woods? Can you fire a rocket
> launcher from a unicycle? What hi-tech accessories would these
> unicycles have? How would the set up be done so that unicycles turned
> out to be the vehicle of choice?

Bond flawlessly riding a Coker Impossible Wheel at very high speed in a
glorious mountain road setting, killing bad guys on various vehicles with a
9 in either hand, then riding off a cliff into a HALO jump.

Can anyone (besides Bond, I mean ;-)) do a dynamic 180? You know glide fast
forward, hop, twist 180 in the air, land, glide backward (same direction) on
an Impossible Wheel?

Not a high-tech goody, but an improvised find.

Re: To would be Ian Flemings…

The unicycle(s) would have to be motorized. you would only need one, and of course it would be the vehicle Bond was driving. Other than that, I can’t imagine Bond pedaling anything. He and Felix Lighter rode bikes away from a crime scene to avoid suspicion in Never Say Never Again, but that wasn’t a chase scene.

This would be a super-fast unicycle, so it would have to be somewhere with lots of room. Perhaps a crowded sidewalk also, to take advantage of the superior maneuverability of a one-wheeled vehicle. Or, he would ride it across a beam or other narrow place where a conventional motor vehicle couldn’t follow. Only the two guys on motorcycles would still be after him then…

With a motorized unicycle you have room for any kinds of extras, so take your pick. A remote-controlled stick-in-the-spokes device might be fun for the pursuing motorcycles. :slight_smile:

Two possible scenarios there:

1. Only thing available. Like a tank, in Goldeneye.
  2. Supplied to Bond by Q, so used at his convenience. Q always knew the right kind of device for the upcoming mission. Bond never ends up with an autogyro in Paris, or a canal boat hovercraft in New York City…

Man, me and my Evil Minions were THAT CLOSE to getting the jet off the ground. Curse you… curse you, and your little unicycle, too!

Dr. Rhysling