The Video Competition - Second Round

No, that was something independent of our competitions.
Here is the first challenge. The twist was that the song had to be Jolene, it could be by any artist but had to be the version that Dolly Parton sang. Theres loads of great cover versions of that song and I was a bit disappointed that there wasn’t more variety.
Im hoping this time around will yield some more fruitful results. :slight_smile:

Are you thinking of entering, Terry? :wink:

I am so in again. I am glad we get to pick our song this time. I will start filming tomorrow.

Well I was planning on participating since I have a new video in the works already, but when you got to the part about “wacky styles” I lost all interest.

Besides, I think it would be flat out boring to watch someone try to do a few low-key tricks on a coker or something. There’s a reason specific styles are better suited on specific unicycles.

Now if we had to include more then one style of riding in the video, I’d be all over it. But a riding style on the wrong type of unicycle just plain sucks.

can you post the video of the winner of Jolene plz?

Don’t worry, what I do and have done on my 36er is antyhing but “boring”! I think a 180 unispin, a crank flip, big drops, etc would be awesome done on a 36er. :sunglasses: Not to mention the likely upds!

Not sure. I have two or three in the works now, but I don’t think they would fit the criteria. Yeah, I always try to be original, with bits of humor, but my skills don’t really include any “trick” riding at all.

I may be in… idk…

The thing with me is I anyways mix street with my muni, mix freestyle with my flatland(and vice versa), mix street with my trials…

The only thing I don’t mix is my street itself lol, so this twist isn’t to much of a twist for me…

i tried to crankflip my coker and somehow my foot jammed between the crank and the frame.

I’ll have a go at putting something together. Iv’e got quite a bit of unused footage that Iv’e filmed recently. Mid september should be far enough away to get loads more stuff filmed.

Does the entire video have to made from combination styles or can normal styles be included as well as the crazy stuff.

This competition looks just right terry… I mean every single one of your vids fits this…
This competition is not all about riding ability. In my eyes a good video is original, entertaining and makes you want to watch it again. You could be the best crankflipper in the world, but if you make a video of 8940384785955859484 different crankflip variations I will get bored and most likey switch it off.
So, it doesn’t matter if you are a begginer or expert, if your video is original and entertaining you will have an equal chance of winning.
And tyler… that sounds somewhat painful and an awkward bail.

Me, Raphael and Elliot is garanted in! :smiley:

good news :sunglasses:

The wheel is so massive it takes much longer for it to rev. Maybe a 90 crank flip is more possible. Unless you jump from something high enough to give you the needed time for a full crank flip, but not advisable with that steel rim! :astonished:

I’m fairly confident I could half-flip my steel rimed coker. If I had a nightrider rim and longer (atleast 150mm) cranks I think I could eventually crankflip after a bit of practice.

I’m in. I have a good idea, although not really mixing up different unicycling styles I will be using a unicycle for something that would usually be done on another piece of sports equipment.

Can we say we’re in and back out, b/c I’ll try but idk if I’ll have time to film it:o

Hmmmm… I think I’ll pull out then. No offence to you, but I think its a bad idea.

First off, I only have my 20’’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Second, I don’t like videos just because their done on a silly sized unicycle with less then average riding.

Third, I ride for advancement >.< Lol, do I sound like Shaun?

And finaly… It looks bad in my oppinion, why ride a 29er for something it isnt made for? (Looks bad to me and especially to outsiders aswell. But I know this comp isnt about outsiders so whatever)

so wait, what is the prize??

a $200 gift certificate to udc?? (that was the first video comp on the site that i can remember)

If you don’t want to take part, thats fine. If you want to make a video with normal riding then this isn’t the competition for you. Im just trying to put a fun twist to it so we end up with some fun videos.

:slight_smile:

Edd

Just bumping this to the top so that nobody misses it this time :slight_smile: