The Oregon has arrived!

The large marge is a 26" wheel (diameter), wheel size it stated without the tire, if you put a 3.0 26" tire on the Oregon, the effective diameterter would be smaller than a 29" uni.

That may be the case, BUT, it’s the only frame that’s broken to date.

So, on a brighter note, I just ordered the BFL, that’s short hand for Big Fat Larry, 4.8" of goodness.

It arrives this week, pictures and review to follow :slight_smile:

Hi !! Munirocks is there a happy ending to your broken frame story???

I hope so. Still waiting, though. I hope I will actually get to use it in the snow.

Well I hope it does workout OK!

It’s my engineering curiosity! I’d love to know what the holes are for, as air expanstion holes don’t need to be that big and it should be at or near the bottom and ideally not on a bent section off extruded tube!
Anyway thankyou for the answer and I hope you will up date the thread when you have some news??

UDC USA Christmas Treasure Hunt Day Nine. Nimbus Oregon 26" Mountain Unicycle is on sale for $700 down from $820! I like the disc brake on my Impulse so I vowed to buy one of the first Oregon’s out of the container but I spent my toy stipend on a KH36G while they were still in production so I never got around to pulling the trigger on an Oregon. Now I’m probably going to wait for Kris to disc up his 26er. My kids are still a little young to b*ke the trails so I’m in no hurry. Guess I’m a road warrior for now. But, if some wanted to get into the higher end (IMHO) of the MUni game, today would be a pretty good day to do so.

Is this too big for the Oregon? Shouldn’t it be considered a tri-cycle?
from Guinness:The heaviest rideable bicycle weighs 1650 pounds. It was built by Wouter van den Bosch (Netherlands) and ridden in Arnhem, Netherlands, in May 2010.

BigWheel.jpg

WO!!! :astonished: :thinking: :sunglasses:

I count five wheels. I think that makes is a quinticycle.

Yeah, that doesn’t qualify as a bike, nor is it the heaviest thing around; take the Two Ton Trike for example:

http://people.tribe.net/e92ccd49-eb3b-4acc-bc3a-ff0e73f990d2/photos/8a0a5cb9-86c1-45d6-a584-30760831ab80

You could shave of some grams if you drilled the rim! That would really make a big difference in rotational weight! :wink:

Yeah, and shave off some tread (with a chainsaw). :slight_smile: