The Oregon has arrived!

Got pics?

Yes, but I can’t post them from work.

It’s pretty :slight_smile:

So you think the brake isn’t good? I was hoping to use the one it comes with.

That’s probably good cause I’m drooling over that uni and I haven’t even got my first uni yet. Good god, is unicying really that addictive that I’d want another before my first one arrives?

I’m sick, call the Dr.

Yes… I had 4 before I could ride and substantial distance. Now I have 3 wheelsets, 3 frames and 4 other complete unis. The wheelsets go in the same frame so they’re essentially like 3 separate unis :slight_smile:

Addicting?.. yes… habit-forming?..yes; let’s just hope the FDA doesn’t find out :smiley:

Hum… I guess we are all sick. Nurse Ben, call the Dr. STAT! I think we have an epidemic on our hands!

But all kidding aside, where do I find a new wheelset for a uni in the states?

I bought the Nimbus 24" muni and looked for a new wheelset but UDC doesn’t have any except for 20". Across the pond, they seem to be plentiful.

I have a extra set of rims for my stumpjumper with Halo twin rails for when I ride the many miles of paved trails in our city. I was thinking of doing the same with my uni. Do I have to build a set?

Wanna sell one?

It’s fine, but a little white. I have a Shimano hydraulic in black that’ll work, but I’d prefer to run a mechanical brake, less breakage issues and very little maintenance.

None of my sets will fit your frame, all too big. In addition, the reason I can fit different wheels/tires into the same frame is because I am running disc brakes and I no longer need to worry about the rim brakes lining up with the rim.
As far as finding whee sets… Try harder :wink:
Go to UDC US, choose the rim you want, and there are drop down options to have them build it for you.

Hum… maybe it was an option at one time but not anymore?

When I look on the US site, Wheelsets, they only show 19" trails rims.

Then when I drill down into one of them, nimbus-19-inch-trials-isis-wheelset, I don’t see any options.

Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place?

Can someone help a brotha out and send me a link?

I have honestly tried to find them. I found them on the UK site, not on the US site.

If you want a wheelset from UDC US you basically get it custom. Click on the rim you want and go look at the options in the drop down menus. It should make sense from there.

Nevermind, you were right, I needed to look a little harder. I was looking in wheelsets and you said to look at the “rim” I want and it DOES have options to build.

Sorry about the confusion and thanks for your help.

No problem… it is a bit confusing.

:slight_smile:
Welcome to the forum… Fill out more info about yourself and post pics of your UDC Oregon when you buy it :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the welcome!

So, I went to UDC and added a hub and wheel build my cart and it was $200! For another $100 (price of a crank set) I cold buy a 2nd, complete uni. What is up with that?

Jeeze, I thought bike, motorcycle and jeep parts were expensive.

I gotta whittle down my hobbies :thinking:

Just Placed My Order

KH FR saddle with shadow handle base - plan on changing to Hope brake and QR as well as Sunline pedals and K1 cranks. It is going to be a long ten days, but until then I will have to settle for Nurse Ben’s and Munirock’s posts of their adventures on the Oregon trails.

Hmmmm the shadow handlebar doesn’t seem like much of a muni handlebar. I have one on my 36-er and, while stiff, doesn’t seem strong enough. I had brycer1968 weld me a special muni handle that fits in my KH mount. I may try thenshadow handle mount, it seems stiff enough but the handlebar tubes are really thin… Let me now how it holds up.

Me likee :slight_smile:

Disc brake is so smooth.

Rides the same as my Conudrum, maybe a tad more responsive. Not flexy in the least bit.

I’m running a Shimano rotor to minimize “surging”.

it felt good. almost just like the surly

I use the shadow base with the end of a Ti-Tec H bar for a right handed handle that works like a deathgrip. It is not too much past the front of the saddle and is very solid. I would agree that the t bars that come with the shadow seem a bit light for muni.

am I the only one that actually LIKES the flex in the frame? I can’t be u.u yes, I realize that there’s better power transfer with a stiff frame, but I’ve loved the nightrider frame because it’s comfy. Besides that, tire pressure has a much larger effect.