the lightest possible uni

Oh heck yes. Orange Unicycles rule.

But really, is saving a couple of grams here and there really going to make that much of a difference? Yes, light is nice, and yes, the small savings add up, but maybe we should all go out and ride instead of arguing about which parts are better or lighter or whatever. Any high quality unicycle out there is light enough already. Besides, ultralight=ultra expensive.

Titanium frames would be nice to see more, but once again, they are expensive and at this point there is still a fairly small market for really expensive unicycle specific gear.

My Lightest 24" muni idea would be:
K.H. aluminum anodized frame
Thomson masterpiece seatpost
Scott Wallis Carbon seat base,bumper,death grip handle
K.H. freeride seat cusion w/ cover
profile hub w/ Ti spindle upgrade
profile Magnitanium 165mm crank arms
syncros magnesium pedals
d.t. swiss double butted spokes (as light as Ti but stronger for that application)
Surly L.M. rim drilled
specialized 24x3.0 D.H. tube
Halo contra tire 3.0 (same as duro)
brake hs 33 w/ S. Wallis lever, and Goodridge cables
This is my Idea of the perfect light yet durrable muni.

My Lightest 24" muni idea would be:
K.H. aluminum anodized frame
Thomson masterpiece seatpost
Scott Wallis Carbon seat base,bumper,death grip handle
K.H. freeride seat cusion w/ cover
profile hub w/ Ti spindle upgrade
profile Magnitanium 165mm crank arms
syncros magnesium pedals
d.t. swiss double butted spokes (as light as Ti but stronger for that application)
Surly L.M. rim drilled
specialized 24x3.0 D.H. tube
Halo contra tire 3.0 (same as duro)
brake hs 33 w/ S. Wallis lever, and Goodridge cables
This is my Idea of the perfect light yet durrable muni.

I win. :slight_smile:

keyringtemp.jpg

Hands Down.

I’ve got you beat, but I’m not at home to upload pictures. I had some Chuck Harris “jewelry unicycles.” These were made of gold or silver wire, with actual tiny spokes and wheels that turned. The biggest one I had was with a 1" wheel. I gave them away to various females over the years. They were very light.

The keychain unicycles are cute, but don’t ever put one in your pocket; it won’t survive! Better to hang it from rearview mirror or similar.

I find it ironic that the guy who designed and owns what is probably the lightest muni frame in the world wins by sleight.

If you removed the chain and metal ring it would weigh even less.

jim

THe lightest uni i have ever ridden was a combination of parts. I used my old nimbus wheelset, with my KH 07 frame and shimmed my old learner seatpost on with what is left of its seat.

and plastic pedals :slight_smile:

Actually that was my heavy, lightest unicycle. This is my lightest lightest. :slight_smile:

pendantsmall1.jpg

hahhaha
mine is so much lighter than that, it is imaginary.

I think, I win

I think behind your right hand, you’re holding what rogeratunicycledotcom just posted. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just quit being a pussy and ride a heavy unicycle.