The invent a trick comp!

oh lol… That video is insane. He looks so young.

lol

But those haven’t been done before…

Is it really invented though?

As stated in the first post, the idea of the competition is to invent a mostly origional trick.

Is a Quintuple Crankflip or a 1080 unispin thought up as an invented trick? If I landed them before anyone else, I wouldn’t take credit for inventing them, but I would take credit for being the first to land them.

I think I have a way to thoroughly explain this. A crankflip is a trick that has many variations; 180 flips, double flips, hickflips, fakie crankflips, etc. Unispins have many variations as well; 180 unispin, 360 unispin, smallspin, inward smallspin, etc.

The object of this competition is not to create a variation of a trick like this, its to create a new trick that can have variations of its own.

For instance, if Eli B were to invent a one footed crankflip with his foot on the opposite side of the unicycle to flip the cranks, like I mentioned before, that could have a 180 variation, possibly a double variation, a backflip variation, etc. You might say that this trick is a variation of a crankflip, but it has plenty of variations of its own.

The object of this competition is not to land a variation before anyone else. It’s to be innovative and push the sport.

Jeremy, You told me you agree with everything I was saying already, so why stir up confusion and be difficult? Its not a hard concept to grasp.

Over AIM… Would you like me to post a screenshot of the conversation? Or will you grow up and stop trying to cause confusion?

There is a huge difference between an invention and an innovation.

The first 180 unispin would have been an invention.
The first 360 unispin would have been an innovation.

This is because an invention is creating something that didn’t exist before, in any sense. An innovation is taking that thing that and taking it to a further ( / better) extent.

Sam’s seat drag unispin (are you guys calling it a shuv-it?) is an invention.
a 360 shuv-it would be an innovation.

-Miles

Another nice try :wink:

Close, but no Cigar. :stuck_out_tongue:

Please read the rules of a competition before posting.

Its a no from me.

Same.

I’ve done that a countless number of times to get to the correct side of my pedal.

I really woudn’t even consider that a trick

Would a new type of grind (Not a variation while grinding on pedals/cranks) be an ‘invented trick’?

You Betcha

That trick is an epic fail.I used to do that all the time.

I’d like to see someone do something like ten 3 spins in succession, with NO prehops in between. As soon as each is landed, you must immediately execute the next one. Like jumping up and down ten times with no hesitation. Has this been done and if so, what’s the record for continuous 360 unispins?

I’m not talking rolling, but static. Rolling would give the person a chance to rest in between spins as they pedaled forward for each successive 360 unispin. Like the guy (can’t remember name) who did something like seven 540’s, but rolling.

PS: I did read the rules, so sorry for posting this idea here, since it’s only a variation of a long established trick. I just didn’t want to start a whole new thread for it. Carry on… :o

yea thats not really a trick i do that almost every day to flip the pedal to the right side

You mean Luke Collalto who did 14 540s. I don’t think there’s a record for the most consecutive 3spins in a row, but I know Krisz Kovacs can do a 540-360-540.

Jeremy, unfortunately showing a trick over and over in various poor-lit shots does not make a basic common trick an invention. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I saw it in a game of Stack it Up, on vimeo… It was your trick to 180 unispin:(

I’m a lot further from my trick than I would have thought. :frowning: But I have a trick I can try once I get hicks.

Yes. Dan definitely did it in Universe 2, and probably even Universe 1. That trick is older than you are! (well… almost). I like doing it a lot too, it’s fun to see how long you can hold it for.

… I have the time today, but I just don’t feel like trying to invent something… I might though, later.:stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think this is done before… :roll_eyes: and have still 3 new tricks to go (when this isn’t good :slight_smile: )
180° Footplant seatwhip :stuck_out_tongue: