THE FLIP VID (shaun johanesson)

Don’t be sorry. It’s your thread.

Well I do think Shaun is the greatest unicyclist out there… BUT like all of us some stuff he cant do ! Shaun cannot no footer ! so yea he’s got all the moves but yea… and also for all of you who are saying I could never match shaun blah blah blah… it’s not cauz you cant go tech like he does that it means you cant bust big either… I mean 180 a 8 stair is huge and it isnt tech… but anyways I think shaun is the king ! and oh yea kebwill… it’s my thread actually :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I can’t do no-footer’s worth crap.

when I said they’re the best riders, I didn’t mean it littarly, just that they are good. hehe, it became a big issue.

keep the good work up

MAX YOU GAVE AWAY MY SECRET. Haha. I can’t no footer. Thanks for the comments too. Well the uni is broken now but I hope to release a little vid with friends over this long weekend in two days with the new uni. Should be decent. Thanks for keeping this thread going to this point, it makes me feel special, haha it really does. Thanks

-Shaun Johanneson

i need to get a trials uni. all i have is my mountain uni, and any flip tricks on that thing are impossible. great vid.

I dont belive you cant no footer… I can and i have been doing it since 5 months ago. I bet you have never practiced it.

Mike

i know this doesnt have nothin to do with the flip vid, but do you still do 720’s? you should put one in the new vid youre gonna make. thats such a crazy trick.

i tried to do some flip stuff earlier and crushed my nuts quite badly.

well done man that video was wicked!

its what we get for riding unis

i just did some wierd mount ill talk ya through it

i started with the uni infrount of me with the peddles the roung way around

i pushed the uni so the peddles where the right way around

lifed the uni and jummped

let the peddles crank spin and laded on it

is that a real mount???

I have done that, its kind of fun. It’s like a crankflip mount, its alot easier than an actual flip though. I have seen Forrest do it too.

Yes, that’s the only part of a crankflip I can do; the landing. Go figure.

It’s the second clip in this movie HERE. I’ve landed double flip mounts before… but it has nothing to do with an acctual crankflip…

it is indeed a LOT easler then a real crankflip

How can I edit out all the non unicycling parts
(even thow there arnt many non unicycling parts) and make it a smaller file? I would like to add this to my PSP.

yes Shaun. I was thinking the other day that the crank flip is kind of lame and awkward looking compared to what could be done. Not that I can even do a crankflip. But the shots in this vid are definitely becoming harder and smoother.

This is where the sport needs to go, I’ve seen the same progression in snow sports. From doing tricks in the parks and halfpipe, then doubling the tricks and smoothing it all out, and then they start going to the backcountry. So now this stuff needs to start happening in the woods and off of cliffs. Once again, I won’t be the one doing it, but I will videotape it!

Yo,

I’m at a disagreement of where this should go, but an agreement with the rest. I think the sport needs to hit the streets with good moving angles and sick street lines. I don’t find Muni fun at all. I could mix street into it but it seems awkard to me, sorry. The next vid will be hitting the streets with everything i can think of. Expect sets, grinds, rail slides, and street runs with all of the above. My preseason vid ( march, april, may) will have my heart and soul in it sort of speak. And will see what happens from there. Thanks for the reply.

-Shaun Johanneson

nice video man

That’s cool, to each his own! I like to ride in the woods and just try to stay upright. I have total respect for street, unbelievable stuff. It’s just that pavement is way too hard for me to bounce my carcass off of anymore!

I’m a tv guy thinking about what will look really great and bring people to the sport. Dan at Syko does an awesome job of capturing you and others making uni look smooth and polished. I can just imagine Kris or someone doing a 180 kick flip off of the North Shore type ramps with speed and flow. That will be awesome.

I’m in 100% agreement with you Shaun, your vision is clear and your determination and skill has certainly put you up there with one of the most influentional unicyclists. I believe that unicycling will go in the direction that the majority of urban sports have, and that is the street. The Muni element is just too slow for TV and does not grab attention the same way street does.
But as you say, to each his own, and surely that is one point we should be stressing in Unicycling, the diversity and the different styles to which people can express themselves.
That’s my 2 cents, I think this is a topic that belongs in another thread however but its a topic which I would enjoy taking further.

Jas