Street Discussion Thread.

Pretty much anything where the cranks are flipping is new school and anything where the cranks aren’t flipping it’s old school.

Dang it, if only I could make a vid to show you…

why can’t you?:smiley:

No camera.

oh :frowning: you said it once that i has been stolen or so

Chris you could have done it ages ago you just got lazy and made other videos instead

Old School (except for the “no footer rev”, it’s a joke, it’s a crankflip.)

New School

I have been trying to figure out a way of making my uni for street specific rather than very similar to trials. The most obvious change would be with the tyre, but what do other people do?

I would like to suggest trying to get a smooth tyre into production. I know that quite a few people shave their tyres to get this kind of feel.

Do you think we could get a smooth street specific tyre into production if enough people showed interest in it?

I was thinking something along the lines of a BMX tread pattern but on a 19" x 2.5" tyre.

This type of thing:

Primo Wall.

Aww shush, I would have done it eventually. I’ve always been exited about how it could be.

Do you guys think it would be easier to learn to crankflip on a 12 or 16 inch wheel?

Cause it’s significantly easier to learn triples, quads, and double variants on them (maybe doubles too).

So I’m not sure whether or not it would be good advice to tell people to try crankflipping a 12 or 16 inch first…

yes a friend tryed crankflips yesterday. they weren’t really good but then he tried them on a 16 inch and they were pretty good

Could he then do them on a 19/20"? I think the important thing is not whether they can learn them on the smaller wheel, but whether they can then transfer that skill onto their normal unicycle. It’s no good learning them on a different unicycle and then not being able to do it on your own.

I started with two handed and it helped me…

I started with two-handed flips too…except then I broke my seat and it got really cold and I never quite landed a one-handed one. I got two feet back on one a while ago though, but I haven’t really uni’d much since November. I would imagine that crankflips on a 12" or 16" would not be worth it, though, since it’s a pretty different movement-probably a different sort of kick. As opposed to two-handed flips, where you just need to take one hand off and pull up harder.

$2 seatpost!

The only extra hole in it is a little square punch, and obviously there’s an extra weld–but I’m happy:)

I did the same thing yesturday! This post doesnt have the thicker tubing inside on the top, but is CrMo.

12’'s are just crazy for doing flips and I wouldn’t recommend it lol.

Anyone up for a fifthflip competition? I wouldn’t really know how to start one, but for anyone who does?

Uhhh…I guess I would be in…I can’t even hickflip but whatever. :o
But you can start one easily, just start a thread, lay down some rules (19" wheel or bigger, can’t have landed it before, need to have video, etc.) and make a sig trophy, like the ones in my sig. If you don’t want to make one you can always ask for other people to make them, I can make one if you want. I made one for the 7spin comp.

alright will do. could you make the trophy?