Street Discussion Thread.

turn the 180s into hicks.

Any one have tips for doing 180 flips? I can’t seem to get the motion of twisting while flipping the cranks. Also do you twist toward the side of the front foot or towards the back foot?

It doesn’t look like his cranks spin, and it also looks like he didn’t even land it. That’s why it cuts out so fast…

I think so, when are you going to start doing them down sets. You’re getting so good man.

bo duke full varial flipped off the general lee.

i can do static bigger(its just a mental block), but anything bigger than 6 I don’t normally rolling 180… i can’t land backwards w/ that much momentum. riding backwards is a weak area for me.

Whatever that means?

Well today I was almost getting trefakieflips. I’ll try land them at UniNats.

Awesome, how are you hick fakieflips?

I don’t know, I haven’t really tried them in ages. But today I was getting perfect spin and flip for the trefakieflip. Just need a few more attempts at actually landing them. But it’s too damn hot here in Townsville. And I had to wash my clothes for UniNats as I leave tomorrow.

Thanks Ivan.

I have jotted all that down in my notepad :slight_smile:

Damn, if I knew you were gonna do that, I’d look up this:

360’s

If youre doing the 360s with a rolling hop, its best to start out be turning a sharp 90 right before the hop. You only have to hop 270 and it gives you the feel for turning completely and riding out in the same direction. Once you can do this pretty smoothly, you can start to actually try to get the extra 90 degrees in. Also if you watch Dan Heaton and Dan Doerkson do them, their arms make a funny movement above their heads… hard to explain, but if you see it you know what I mean.
Kevin McMullin

I find that the biggest reason why people can do 180s, but not 360s, is because its really easy to just pivot 180 really quickly. Like you can jump, and pretty much just twist your legs and spin 180. But for 360, your whole body has to go rather than just the lower body. So it takes a lot more flow from the body and twist in the upper body. Very hard to explain. I find a 360 is a trick that will just come to you one day. Thats what happened to me.
Kevin McMullin

He explains it more clearly, I think, but it’s more to jot down in your notebook. Or you can just get Luke drunk and “borrow” his skills while he’s on the floor, singing happily.

But if i take Lukes skills will i lose my own mad skills?

Lukes skills are more likely to ruin my shins.

Thanks for that. i understand it now. before i wasnt even using my upper body, just twisting at the waist. bring on 360’s!!

So if this is the street thread:

Anyone knows where to get HQ pictures of the street comp at FLUCK?

Peter M

hey guys,

the way i learned 360’s is the way i did it snowboarding. Its all about your head position. Turning your head, and keeping it turned so i can spot where im going to land allows my body to have something to follow.

just my 2 cents

Cough. I like street.

Cough cough. Me too, I’m just not very good. I still cant get 180 flips or hickflips lol.

Edit: I cant even do flips sif yet, Any tips?

I have a tip, don’t do them, unless you mean tre’s and hicks and all that…

LOL.

Nice ‘360’ unispin, Dan.

Wow. That was pretty cool.

Nitro was riding a kh at the end.

II agree. Nitro is a pretty fast learner.

I wonder if Nitro bought the KH or borrowed it from someone?