Street Discussion Thread.

Quite a few people doing trey flips these days… Should have a fifthflip contest. But i’m only saying that because I’d like to participate in one of these trick contest thingios. I was thinking about suggesting huge spins a while ago but then I got them a couple days later. Lawl

i’d like to see someone coast, then somehow manage to unispin down a set

hmmm
i saw something about feet getting hurt on big sets, only happens when your toes are on the pedals, and are in danger of slipping off, center the pedal on your foot/ place it farther back and that problem should be resolved.
I have hurt my feet 2x, once was pretty bad, landed, both feet slipped off, landed on my feet,bruised the whole bottoms of my feet

i was filming a rolling 180 for a video, and having a crazy amount of trouble landing them. i landed one and watched the movie of it. Turns out im doing hicks, but the weird thing is i cant crankflip :thinking: :thinking:

Is that a bad thing? Any way try practicing rolling no footers. And practice doing 180 unispins rolling then stopping and doing a 180 unispin with out a prehop and then riding away with out recovery hops. (hope it helps)

i don’t think its bad that i can hick before i can crankflip and 180 rolling.

Your doing this for video…how do they look? How fast are you going anyway?You didnt realize it was a hick before you wathced the video? Seams weird to me.

im going moderatly fast, I know it sounds super shady, but ill post the video of it later, cause im at work right now and dont have acess to the file

I find that very hard to believe. I would like to see the video. Thats like someone saying they were trying to land a 180 unispin on camera then watched it and realised they were actuly doing 540s. I can see how its possible but I find I have to kick quite hard and fast to get the full rev when I hickflip and I dont think I could do that by accident and without notiecing becase hicks do feel quite a bit different to rolling 180s.

Still no video? I bet he’s out now trying to learn hickflips and get one on film.

Haha.

He said he was going somewhat fast. I have seen plenty of videos of “First crankflips” where they just ride fast, jump and let the momentum spin the cranks around.

I think its perfectly plausible that because of his speed, when his feet leave the pedals, the momentum keeps the cranks spinning and cause a crankflip during his 180s.

Dont be jealous.

I have a question.

How do you spin? like 360 in the air? or more, i want to learn them tommorow and it is irritating me. i was out just before cruising around melbourne in the dark but the best i could muster was a 180… which is not good when the first time i succesfully road backwards was this afternoon at the skatepark.

please help me out? i am buggered?

Ride, turn 90 sharply, throw your torso in the same direction, jump up and spin. After you learn to do that, you can help yourself with your free hand. Outstrech it and swing in the direction of spin before the take off and bring it over your head(or anywhere close to you, wherever’s more comfortable) to increase the angular momentum(and the speed of the spin).

Is it the one in this video?

I can’t tell if it is a hickflip or a rolling unispin

Edit: at 2:24

His cranks spin in that one. =p

It’s just a rolling unispin.

as i watched it more closely my cranks only go 1/2 a rotation. so its a rolling unispin not a hick. my bad

so is luke the only one to full varial flip a set yet?

any tips on 180s down big sets?

Ive done 5 but cant seem to get any farther than that.