Street Discussion Thread.

some of this stuff is sick, is it harder than trials.

i am thinking of taking new styles up

I think definitely for that grind trick you speak about, it is advantage to have crank with offset. maybe i try it later today but i bet it will be hard

idk if its harder than trials, depends on what your trying to do…
the only thing i could say is go out and try it…

Street is harder than trials.

KH.

what are a good, cheep set of pedals that are good for street? I have snafus but the non replacable ones are worn down from pedal grabs and when my feet are damp or wet half the tricks I would have landed in the dry I mess up because my feet slip. any suggestions?

Dude com’on.
First I was gonna say just search, there are like 50 or so threads about this. Then I figured, what the hell I’ll post a link. Here is the first thread about pedals I find " http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61247&highlight=pedals+for+street "
YOU STARTED IT :astonished: . HAHAHAH sorry man, thats just lame. There are plenty of good choices in that thread. People took time and effort explaining what pedals they like and why just to help you out, even though you wold have found those same answers if you had searched.

The only thing that differes is you start off yer question here with CHEAP. If you want cheap go plastic. but 35 or so dollars for some jimiCs is a very good investment. As plastic wil still slip when wet. and cheap pinned pedals are nothin but a waste of money.

EDIT: oh sorry you did imply cheap in the other thread too. Sorry none of us were of any help. If at first you dont sucseed…good luck on yer search. Or you could just get anyof those suggestions in the other thread.

I went on a wet muni ride with odyssey twisted plastics, and slippage wasn’t too bad, they’re pretty good pedals.

Thats what I ride for street. They are especially good for grinding. They don’t wear away too fast. I use them also because they are really easy for flip tricks.

KH.

The pins will not hold up for pedal grabs tho.

thats strange :roll_eyes: I had a pair, the first day of ridding 3 pins broke off by the end of the week most were worn down pretty good.

That’s a terrible thing to say. Street and trials are both as hard as you want them to be.

I’ve had mine for a couple months and I’ve only lost two or three of the pins due to pedal grabbing. The rest are still there and even still grippy. Maybe you got a poor batch. I have shattered a pair after a year of street riding, though at $11 I have no problem buying another pair.

I think in general basic trials is easier to learn than basic street. I could hop and ride skinnies before I could uni-spin and long before I could crankflip. Though more advanced trials becomes very difficult, as does street.

As for the pedals: I may have had a bad pair, I will however not be buying anymore of them, I didnt enjoy the feel, for one, and a pedal that shatters seams very dangerous for street. Id rather ride plastic that bends untill the metal ripps through.

Personal opinion of mine.

KH.

has any one done a dubble treyflip?

i know i haven’t

i bet shaun or luke could pull it off, or maybe have

What? Do you mean like six flips?

You mean a treydoubleflip.

KH.

I think he means do two teryflips before landing;)

that would be amazing if it could be pulled off.
(If you read this shaun that means that you need to find a 20ft drop and an amazing crankset)

ok sorry, I can see why your saying what your saying. I have read what everyone has said and am grateful for there advise. I am just about to order another uni and as I need new pedals for my KH I wanted to order them at the same time to save on money (which I have fairly little of) and to be sure I am getting the write pedals I thought I would ask again. I thought here was good and I was hoping that some of the top riders would reply because I feel if it works for them its sure to work for me.

As advised I was going to get the Qu-ax magnesiam pedals but they only do them in yellow :frowning:

ps. does anyone know which pedals are fitted to the nimbus trials unicycle and if they are any good, I tried them once very briefly and felt they were very grippy.