Springer frame

Well I figured it was about time to post some pictures of my springer frame.
As to date all unnecessary stuff has been cut off and gound down smooth. I sandblasted the paint off and cut the bottom of the frame 2 1/2" and pluged the bottoms and welded them in. I have ordered 2 split collars that I will weld on the bottoms to hold the bearings. I need to order cranks, peddles, seat, seat post and seat post clamp. I have a 20" wheel and tire that I got off Ebay, and i have to figure out how to mount the stainless steel axle onto an aluminum hub. I have the pictues in an album on my profile page. Can not figure out how to up load the damn things on the thread yet. Steve

When composing your message, click the paperclip icon.
Browse to the image file on your computer. Click the Upload button.
Then click on the little drop-down arrow to the right of the paperclip and select your image attachment. It will show up in your message.
Hope this helps.

I figured there was an easy way to do it, Thanks.

Pictures of my latest project

What’s it made of?

That’s not aluminum, is it?

This is a fucking Frame!!!
I make a 30cm Drop, and the Fame brocken! :angry:

Cheers HR

Yes it is aluminum. :slight_smile:

Are you going to mate it with an old and busted KH frame? How do you plan to mount a UNI wheelset on that?

I am using the frame and components that came with the mountian bike front fork. All have been cut down to except a 20" wheel. (20x2.10) The wheel is from a bicycle and I will have to fabracate a mount to hold the staniless steel axle in the aluminum hub. Just received my aluminum split collars to hold the bearings. Thoes will get welded to the bottom of the frame.

I’m Back

Well, it’s been a long while since I was here last. Had some family issues to deal with. Got a bit side tracked with other stuff, but now I am back to my projects.
I still have the fat tire unicycle that I built and I am trying to finish this springer frame.
The axle mount has been welded to the frame, stainless steel seat post mounted, frame painted, other stuff polished, axle mounted in the hub, and now I am to the point I have to cut the grooves for the cottered keyway for the cranks. Tomorrows project.
I will see if I can down load a couple pictures. Steve

Wow, that’s really pretty! Looks like you had a problem with your spoke pattern though. “Pretty” is nice, but does not make a good combination with a suspension fork, unless the cycle is only for show. :slight_smile:

In answer to some of the earlier posts (from 2010, I know), yes, suspension forks have been used as unicycle frames but I haven’t seen one since the 1990s (handmade). They do make for a nice ride, but functionally there is the problem with constantly changing seat height.

Also Tak’s idea of blending the unicycle into a “normal” bike frame has been done. It was on a BMX bike we saw at the International Cycling Show in NYC in 1985. A group from Taiwan had a “convertible” BMX bike where you could convert the front wheel and seat into a standalone unicycle. The thing worked fine, but was kind of pointless. I don’t think anyone picked it up for distribution, as I’ve never seen one since.