Shoes

What shoes do you wear when unicycling, I need to know because my Skechers suck, they slip all over the pedals even though they are eight pinned, and I’m not about to go with metal, i think it could be very gory.

what frog-cat said.

I use my comfy shoes (some old grey and red reboks) that are my favorite shoe. they’re very worn and durable. i WOULD, however get some metal pedals. just get some good shinguards too.

just wear the shoes that fit you best and are the most comfortable for your arches.

I and a lot of other people wear Vans. They are sold as skateboard shoes. They are flat, have good padding and support, and they hold very well to the pedals.

if you plan on doing kick up mounts get some thing with a hard side wall( i dont know how to expaine it)
I ride in Red, wight, and blue converse hight tops! there the best!
P.S I personaly hate riding in skateboard shoes. I dont know why thay gest feel odd.

I prefer the new converses that look like vans, and they have just as much grip, but they are thinner and the souls bend easier.

just letting you know, its spelled “s-o-l-e-s” as in shoes, not “s-o-u-l-s” as in what the devil supposedly wants.

Re: Shoes

I wear heavy work boots, primarily because it’s what I always wear but also
because it protects my ankles from scrapes. These work great, as long as
you’re careful not to get them caught up in the pedals… Sometimes wear
skate shoes or plimsoles.

unign wrote:

>
> What shoes do you wear when unicycling, I need to know because my
> Skechers suck, they slip all over the pedals even though they are eight
> pinned, and I’m not about to go with metal, i think it could be very
> gory.
>
>
> –
> unign - Level 5
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> unign’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10305
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43383

I wear those reebok shoes that have no purpose but to look neat. The tread is smooth rubber. It goes well with my worn out pedals that also have no grip. It’s fun to ride when it rains. :slight_smile:

get five-tens, metal pedals, and shinguards, then you will be invincible

Converse high-tops. They glide just great, and give my feet a great feel for everything. I think my riding significantly improved as a result of switching to them.

i wouldnt be surprised. but you might wanna get some new insole for those things. the original insole is so flat, it hurts. (after long periods of walking around) and i already have really bad arches. but the flatness of the sole itself is a great advantage.

Indoor soccer shoes for me. Adidas Samba’s or Puma’s. They have grippy gum rubber soles and are flexible. If you want ankle protection then just add soccer style ankle protectors which can be worn with any shin guards. (SixSixOne 4x4, ect.)

old hiking boots - support, bulletproof, and I don’t care if they get beaat up.

Thease are only two weeks old, and i really love doing freestyle with them, much more sleek than my old skateshoes… In street/trial it’s quite the same feeling, doesn’t fell as much secure in thease though! :slight_smile:

I like the relatively flat bottoms of the plain Converse (canvas) shoes. They are great for riding, but a real pain to walk in.

As in the climbing company? Their shoes have what I believe is a Vibram/Stealth blend on the sole (or maybe just stiffer stealth). This is really not ideal for uni-ing, as metal pedals will tear it up. Additionally, it doesn’t adhere very well to the rest of the shoe because it’s just a rubber sheet glued on to some foam, as opposed to actually wrapping around.

Unless you’re talking about their new MTB shoe, which will probably work but looks a bit puffy and clumsy.

I wear Dunlop Volleys, they are made here in Australia. They are much like Converse All Stars, but the sole is a lot more flexible and is made of a softer rubber.

I wear these all the time and am yet to find something better. I do trials and freeride wearing these, and I never seem to slip off the pedals, infact they are soo grippy, that it’s sometimes hard to move my foot if the position is right.

And the best part is you can get em for under $20 Australian, so it doesn’t matter if they get stuffed.

Check em out
www.dunlopsport.com.au/content/06_01_b.html

Andrew

i wear my crappy walmart 20$ shoes…cuz i dont wanna ruin my good ones:)

Me too…but those ARE my good ones.:slight_smile: