Shoes

hahaha…love it. but for 20 bucks they are pretty tough

any kind of bmx or skate shoe is good, in my opinion

The climbing shoe company: Five.Ten
I assume The Dave is talking about their new Impact freeride shoe. It would be a muni shoe rather than a freestyle shoe. Some have tried it and complained that it’s actually too sticky on the pedals which makes it difficult to reposition your feet. Tough call. Sometimes you want your feet to stick to the pedals so they don’t slip. Other times you want to be able to reposition your feet. It does look like a good shoe for those people who like to stick to the pedals. And the tread design looks like the Coker button tire tread.

A friend of mine owns Five-Ten, and he’s sending a rep at Cal. Muni Weekend with a stack of demo shoes for folks to test drive.

JL

i use converse

I have tried converse but my feet are too fat. If they fit from side to side they make me look like a clown because they are a few inches too long. If I got the ones that fit lengthwise they would squeeze too much. I always wear vans, they are awesome.

I wear light weight walking boots for trials and Muni, they don’t get beat up, have good grip and protect your foot and ankle, i don’t like wrecking expensive skate shoes. Also if you’re doing realy Muni, like on a mountain, you can climb up wearing them safely. Brands like Merrels and Columbia, get them from your local walking shop (if they have such things in the US)

I wear Top Siders because I wear Top Siders. No realy I like them because they are light, real leather, have a grippy sole and best of all they have a heel that catches the pedals in the instep of my foot without sliping around. they work good (well) with metal pinned pedals too.

Al :slight_smile:

I wear Top Siders because I wear Top Siders. No realy I like them because they are light, real leather, have a grippy sole and best of all they have a heel that catches the pedals in the instep of my foot without sliping around. they work good (well) with metal pinned pedals too.

Al :slight_smile:

i like wy converse but my ankles get beat up so i also use adidas

hell yeah man… my dad got a pair of the 5-10s to mountain bike in and they are awsome

That’s a great idea.

I looked at the High Impact, and when I went to the cart to order them, they only had 5 sizes available.(9.5, 11,11.5,12,12.5 and 13) I am going to check some of the retail stores near me to see if they stock them. I really like trying before buying when it comes to shoes.

hey JL,

can you ask your friend to include some 13s in there???
i have big feet and some 13s (like nikes and converse) are too narrow.
actually, vans 13s are too small so i wear 14s

i really wanna try the 5.10s though! they look really awesome for muni and MTB

-Colin