shoes?

I have Vans shoes now, they worn out pretty fast from Gliding but they are good for Trials, Street, Flatland, Muni, distance… They’re good for everything, I have High tops too so it doesn’t kill my ankle when riding Flatland.

I thought about buying Try-All shoes, I dont know how long they would last though. I’ll think about those depending on how long my Vans last.

I had the Vans full cab. They were really comfortable right of the box and didn’t require a whole lot of breaking in, but they wore out way too fast.

fior trials i use dvs or vans i like the vans more. and for muni 5-10s adn love them!

Anybody have thoughts about shoes with no laces, like the van slip ons. Or do they not get snug enough?

I ride MUni and trials with these:

They’re Contours walking trainers. The sole is ridiculously thick, they offer a massive amount of grip, built solidly, but they weigh a tonne. The pedals on my MUni have wrecked my other pair of shoes after one small ride, but these shoes stay solid, showing only minor damage.
Although I haven’t tried riding with laceless shoes, I’d imagine they would be too loose.

I have used 5-10s and teva links and the 5-10s are my favorite but i like the tevas because i can still do flat with them.

anyone out there use zigtech?

reebok-zig-dynamic-sneakers.jpeg

I got a pair would NEVER ride them on the uni. they would last 15min with my pedals

I wear DCs I’ve worn them for years starting back when I rode BMX and have never gone away from them

I am looking at some dcs. what pair do you have?

I have the Tonic and Pure at the moment but age probably had a dozen pairs over the years

I used to ride in my Shimano AM40 shoes. They are perfectly protecting my ankle bone (which I hitting a lot) and get really good traction with pedals. By changing sole you can choose hardness for different purposes.

five-tens are awesome

nike 6.0 mogan mid 2!

Split-sole

Boxing shoes are my favorite, they are really comfortable and padded.

Adidas Terrex Solo’s for me, they’re actually a hiking/climbing shoe but are perfect for riding in. Pricey in the shops but I got a B grade pair off eBay for £45, B graded because the transfer inside the shoe at the heel was the wrong way around on one of them!

barefoot alternative

I love my vibram five fingers, its like being barefoot but things don’t hurt. I don’t think they would be good for trials as they lack the impact resistance to save your feet, but they are incredibly responsive and give a unique tactile feedback. it takes a bit to get used to them but once you do its like they are not even there. :smiley:

I’m vey happy with my Five Ten Freerides for all types of riding. Sticky and firm soles, comfortable, durable, stylin’ :sunglasses: …plan to get another pair whenever these wear out.

My vote also goes for Five Ten - love my High Impacts 2 for MUni, gives me confidence, ankle support etc. - For anything less aggressive, 20" uni riding then I wear my Supra Vaiders - they are excellent all round, pedal feel and cushion, support :slight_smile:

Tuppence worth! :smiley:

I have the 5.10 danny macaskill’s and they are perfect for street and muni, I would give them a 9 out of 10.