Salt lake to MOAB

Hey I might go to moab this year… I was just wondering how do you ppl get from the salt lake airport to MOAB ? are there any rides or something I should know about ?

this is exactually (sp?) what i want to know. I will be flying and getting off at the salt lake airport and i dont know if there is a ride or what!?

same here…

I think as the event gets a little closer and people finalize their flight plans, you’ll see a thread start up specifically around transportation logistics. There will be a number of people renting cars in SLC and driving down, and I’d say the possibility of getting a slot in one of those vehicles is high (along with a similarly high expectation that you’d help defray the cost of car/gas in return).

I can’t confirm yet if I’ll be attending this year, but if I go I’ll be renting a car in SLC, and will definitely have some space. If enough non-drivers were going to be present and looking for rides, maybe one of the renters will step up and get a van or larger vehicle.

yes,me and my family are renting a car from Salt Lake.

Re: Salt lake to MOAB

I did a google search and there IS, or at least it says that there is an
airport IN Moab! But I figure it is a SMALL airport only for smaller private
aircraft…which is good because my brother and I will be flying there in
his 2-seater from the LA, CA area.

Terry
“musketman” <musketman@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote in
news:e0f4e4935f67ec70f18ecd9d66dc917f.21qyuo@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com
>
> tomblackwood wrote:
>> I think as the event gets a little closer and people finalize their
>> flight plans, you’ll see a thread start up specifically around
>> transportation logistics. There will be a number of people renting
>> cars in SLC and driving down, and I’d say the possibility of getting a
>> slot in one of those vehicles is high (along with a similarly high
>> expectation that you’d help defray the cost of car/gas in return).
>>
>> I can’t confirm yet if I’ll be attending this year, but if I go I’ll be
>> renting a car in SLC, and will definitely have some space. If enough
>> non-drivers were going to be present and looking for rides, maybe one
>> of the renters will step up and get a van or larger vehicle.
>
>
>
> yes,me and my family are renting a car from Salt Lake.
>
>
> –
> musketman
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> musketman’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/46129
>

Could someone leave the link to the event for this year… ?
(need dates)

I’m speculating if I can make it this time.

I need a ride to, from the airport to the campground(and back). I will work around your scedual and pay 1/2 rental car and half of the gas (plus some more to pay you for the hassle) for those two days. i dont know if i can pay half for the entire trip, i probly can if its a cheep fuel efficent car. PM me if you think you can give me a ride. thanks.

why dont you all get a big wheel and ride from salt lake to Moab. that would be more fun, except for all of the baggage.

I have a green light, but don’t know my flight plans yet. In the past we’ve done it where we arrive in SLC in the am (the earlier the better) and fly home on Monday, no earlier than 3:00 or so.

So I plan to do this and rent a vehicle for sharing, except I’ll be staying in town and not at the campground. Between campers and “townies” it shouldn’t be a big problem to arrange ride shares so don’t worry as much about that as the main drive up and down.

We will divide the cost of the rental and gas evenly between the # of passengers. Maybe a little less if you’re camping and don’t get to ride in it while we’re down there… In '04 we rented a big fat 10-passenger van, and it was really cheap per person! But a minivan or two is much more flexible. If we have two vehicles one can base at the campground while the other stays in town, assuming there are drivers to match.

So if you plan to fly down on Friday and home on Monday I’m sure we can team up for the driving!

Llyod Johnson, his family, and I will be driving all the way.
ALL. THE. WAY.

Update:

Please note the campsite this year is right in town. Much easier on the logistics, ride-sharing, and access to town for the campers!

Pilots: Yes, the Moab Airport is just a few miles up the road from the entrance to Arches National Park. Very convenient if you have access to a plane and pilot! For the rest of us, the drive down from SLC is easy, just not short.