Round Crown Aluminum Fat frame (Prototype)

Looks awesome!!! I love how there is a gradual curve back into the hub and not a sharpish turn like on the Conundrum.

It would be good to get your license, and have your parents put you on their insurance as a driver (it can often be don w/o extra cost). That way when you do start to drive your insurance rate will be lower (assuming you had no tickets or accidents in the meantime). That’s how it works in the US anyways.

It’s what I’d like to show you too! Dont worry, you’ll get to see the welds soon :slight_smile:

The difference of traction on a unicycle os actually insane. I love my fatty, it just rolls everywhere easily!

I started my class for my driving license, but do you guys want to have new unicycle frames or you want me to drive? :stuck_out_tongue:

I would rather you make the frames :slight_smile: I would be interested in one if not too expensive… I miht have to learn to weld :stuck_out_tongue:

Any plans for a 24" version of the frame? Is the disc tab going to to be for internal or external rotors?

“The difference of traction on a unicycle os actually insane. I love my fatty, it just rolls everywhere easily!”

Yeah, that was my experience on the bike, so good to know it transfers to the uni.

“I started my class for my driving license, but do you guys want to have new unicycle frames or you want me to drive? :P”

More frames please. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Make a 36er fatty and see about replacing cars forever :smiley:

EDIT: Not sure where you’d source a 36er fat tyre… Might have to attach two tyres together :D:D

A 36x4" frankentire? I feel like that would be a little over the top.

You could build a frame for one of these babies (referring to the front wheel). Since the wheel size is 30", the overall will be close to 36. Pedaling might be a little sluggish.
The only problem is, these custom wheels run about $5K each. :astonished: (And we thought Schlumpf hubs were expensive!)

big wheel.jpg

all i can think of is the sound that bike would make going over a speed bump…

How does that thing even move? It looks like the middle is sitting on the ground.

Great job Jakob!! Very impressive!

I’m sure there is a line forming in this thread to get one from you if you decide to sell some (even prototypes would found a home :p). I can’t wait to hear you say the word: “ready”.

The problem with a gradual curve is the lateral force it would apply to the top of the bearings. And even if the curve isn’t a problem for the bearings, it’s a no-no for a disc brake tab.

Don’t even need a speed bump… put a fat beer fed biker on it and it starts grinding the tarmac right away! :smiley:

Looks really good. I want one.

Modest question: are you planning make some kind of grab handle which will match frame style / color in the future?

EDIT: Not sure where you’d source a 36er fat tyre… Might have to attach two tyres together :D:D
[/QUOTE]

Check out this link.

Maybe Eric will weigh in with some suggestions.

I have no doubt you could do it but it’s the weight that could be brutal.

Check out this link.

Maybe Eric will weigh in with some suggestions.
[/QUOTE]

I’ve seen his frankentyres before, that’s what I was referring to :slight_smile:

I always wondered how two tyres stuck together in that way don’t create a sort of, figure-8 shape… Surely the diameter of the beads is unadjustable? I dunno…

Move to Montreal. Build me a frame. I’ll chauffeur you around. No license required. :wink:

Hey Jacob, I love the look of that frame, it is very close to what I had sketched out before I “settled” for a custom triton frame.

If you do decide to make any frames for sale let me know, if fact I will send you a PM right now.

I wasn’t planning on making a 24" version of it because I stopped riding my 24" last year, but anything is possible! I’ve set a jig that I can use to make any size of frame with any size of hub. Also, the disk tab can be set on either side, just depending on what the rider wants. I am also able to do custom jobs with different designs and material (No Ti yet, I still need practicing on Ti).

(message to everyone, PM me for special requests) :roll_eyes:

I was 100% to get some request by posting this, and this is why I haven’t posted anything before having the first one made! I will, soon hopefully, let you guys know if I’m taking orders or not. Some testing needs to be made before selling.

A disk brake tab will probably be installed on mine, and for sure on the next one. The bend doesn’t change anything for the brake tab, the problem is that on mine, I didn’t bend at the right place and at the right angle so the disk might rub on the frame. Before welding one on mine I will put my braked wheel in it to make sure it fits or not.

Not in my plan (yet), but I want to make another shorter version of the handle that is pictured to be able to use the brake easier. This handle is a little bit too long and makes the use of a brake unconfortable. I’d like to bring back the Reeder handle though, it’s awesome for Muni.

PM replied :slight_smile:

Hey! This Reeder handle looks almost exactly as my sketch! I was going to make one and it already have a name :stuck_out_tongue: