Riding east highland trail in Scotland (with pictures!)

Today I started munipacking the east highland trail in Scotland. So far so good… :slightly_smiling_face:

23 Likes

That’s looks amazing and sounds like good fun, how long and far are you planning on doing?

1 Like

Very jealous, I would love that trip. Best of luck and more pictures as you move along please.

1 Like

It definitely is! Especially since I’m used to the Netherlands where everything is completely flat :sweat_smile:. The trail is from aviemore to fort William, a total of approx. 130km. My goal is to do around 20 to 25km a day, but it depends a bit on the weather and the difficulty of the paths each day.

2 Likes

Thanks, and will do!

And several more from yesterday and this morning:

18 Likes

Your pictures are making me very jealous, it looks absolutely amazing thou.

2 Likes

What he said, absolutely beautiful landscape to ride in

1 Like

Beautiful country! Looks like a great journey. Are you riding with a backpack also? I’m very curious about how much gear and food you have with you.

1 Like

Keep the pictures from the trip coming. I’m living vicariously through you :smiley:

1 Like

I do indeed travel with backpack. I’ve some heavy-ish things such as my tent, tools, powerbanks, and a chair strapped to my unicycle. In my bag I keep my clothing, inflatable mattress, quilt, food, water, and various other things.
I use OsmAnd on my phone to plan the next several days, and based on that I try to keep enough food and water in my bag, of course with something to spare. And if really needed I have a bottle with a water purification filter and a stove to get some emergency water (not needed so far)

2 Likes

Yesterday I rode, and for the last part walked, to the Dalnashallag cabin (thanks to Becky98 for the tip!). The last km involved crossing 5 streams, so with soaking wet shoes and socks the fireplace there was much appreciated.

11 Likes

Looks like a great setup! :+1:

2 Likes

Today I did almost 35km, ending just before the forecasted rain at a nice spot on the south of Loch Laggan.

18 Likes

Last 2 days I did another 30km and 20km, and made it to the endpoint of the tour; the foot of Ben Nevis.
Last day has been quite exhausting after so many days of riding, so it’s rather nice that I can now rest for a few days before going back home (and to finally be able take a shower again :sweat_smile:)

13 Likes

Congratulations, a trip of a lifetime.

3 Likes

Thanks! It was quite the experience. :sunglasses:
(Also thanks to @Becky98 for the advice given regarding munipacking and riding this particular route)

3 Likes

Really nice and lovely Pictures. It’s so far away for me. It looks great and the ways looks also great to ride them.

1 Like