Rant Thread: Udc shipping, What the hell?

ROFL!!!

Wow, I never knew America had such lousy uni stores. In Europe, there’s MUDC (municycle.com), which is absolutly GREAT (great service, great prices, best shipping), and UDC UK, which is just as great. (Slightly higher shipping, but that’s ok, considering it has to go by plane or boat to mainland). Both shopowners can be talked to, either at events (Roland from MUDC actually came to a dutch event, and brought along a shitload of orders in the back of his van, so we could save shipping), or have prompt replies to emails. Maybe you should consider ordering from UDC UK and MUDC, to boycot UDC US?

It;s a good idea, but given the legal issues surrounding the description of items for sale I don’t think it would be workable, it would be very open to abuse. Maybe some sort of easy system for sending them a note saying the description is wrong would be appropriate, or of course they could just pull their finger out and spend an hour or two getting the decriptions right.

i was gonna order this unicyle
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=742
but it was $102.31 to ship. Up here and that was way to much so i went to a differnt site and ordered the torker LX

everyone, boycott udc us!

www.compulsioncycles.com

www.bedfordunicycle.ca

www.division8.ca

okay, im done

Seems a little odd that you’re complaining about the website, given that only one of those has anything even vaguely comparable. It’s easy to keep nothing up to date.

As for shipping, you should have thought about that before you went and got such a big country.

John

edit: thought I should keep this message accurate and up-to date by correcting it

Other than Renegade, UDC is the only one that you can order directly from online. And all of their uni sellections are puny by comparison, except Bedford (wich seems to me much smaller as well).

Overal my experience w/ UDC has been good everything I’ve ever odered got here in a week. Only one time they sent my the '05 KH crank bolts when I ordered the '04. I sent them an e-mail informing them of this, a week later I was surprized to see a spall box w/ the correct bolts on my porch. (I didn’t demand the correct part to be sent, partly because I assumed they would require me to sed the wrong bolts back first.)

The only other problem I had was my Nimbus X’s spokes were horribly loose apon arrival. One thing I do like is if you want a slightly different setup they will switch the parts and only add the difference to the charge. They did this w/ th e seat, but would not w/ the JC pedals I wanted. They sould make their uni’s w/ parts that people would actually buy separately (kuje pedals), that way they could switch w/ the upgrade and still be able to sell the stock part(s).

The fact that the picture often doesn’t match the product is annoying. It’s not that hard to get a proffesional looking photo. Spencer has many he’s put on here, prob. taken in his bedroom (going by just the photo you would never have guessed it though). What I find more annoying is when an item just dissapears. I can’t tell if it’s out of stock, or they stopped carrying it all together. I much preffer UDC UK’s method of saying “Out of stock”

A couple of other things I like about UDC UK is they tell you the weights of most of the trials and Munis, and I’ve gotten prompt, clear responses from Roger (I forget how nice it is when someone answers in complete sentences :sunglasses: )

Bedford’s shipping prices are almost the same as UDC US due to the fact that hes in canada. But yeah much better service through him.

Just so you know, Evan, you probably could have called and asked why it was so expensive to ship such small items and asked to have them shipped in a flat rate envelope. They would have probably obliged (although it would have probably been more then the $4.60 for the envelope (say 7 or 8 dollars, much more reasonable).

I’m going to start my own online Unicycle business; I’ll call it “Unicycles for Less!” Shipping will be kept low, ala AE bikes, and my overwhelming emphasis will be on CUSTOMER SERVICE!:):):):):slight_smile:

Well, it was just an idea… :sunglasses:

Ask UDC what they do so you know what not to do :slight_smile:

i noticed that nearly everyone(including me) who ordered the Nimbus-X from UDC had to get the spokes tightened…

yes, i do agree that their shipping rates are out of hand, especially with items that fit in flat-rate boxes…(actually, the rates are far worse for cokers…)

i am sure that if Darren updated his website so that we could order directly online most people would buy their unicycles from him…

what are primos

$30 pedals.

-$120 for a 5 foot unicycle from unicycle.com
-over 100$ shipping
-learning to ride it, then ride it 1 hour a year… priceless

-$120 for a 5 foot unicycle from unicycle.com
-over 100$ shipping
-learning to ride it, then ride it 1 hour a year… priceless

not for me, it was like $15 to send my uni to him, then back again.

I ordered a unicycle and some extra cranks from UDC US online on Wednesday, July 4 (holiday in USA). It shipped on Thursday and arrived today (Monday) as ordered. Shipping/handling was $18.64. (Marietta, Georgia to Memphis, Tennessee - about 435 miles)

I went to UPS.com and checked for shipping on a package the same weight and route. The UPS shipping price was $12.71.

I got what I ordered. It was timely and reasonably priced. I cannot complain. :slight_smile: (Except that they never put an invoice in the box with your order. Have you ever noticed that they don’t send invoices? Does anybody know why they don’t send invoices? I have never known a mail order company to not send invoices. I wonder why that is? :roll_eyes: )

invoice

yes, that’s right. I spent $777.00 and didn’t get an invoice.
I also noticed that there is no serial number on my Nimbus 36…how do I identify it if it gets stolen?