Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Just stopped at the end of a ride and an older gentleman comes along and stands looking full on at my 36er. Then says, " Is that a penny-farthing?"
I look at him, then look at the single wheel, then look back at him.
I didnt want to be rude so I said, “Yeah, but I’ve only got the smaller rear wheel with me today” :roll_eyes:

He doesn’t see the future, he has already lived it.

My friend was practicing his wheel walking when somebody came up to him and asked “Whats wrong with your pedals?”

Yesterday afternoon, I was riding on the Fox River bike path, just after crossing a bridge, 2 teenage guys were sitting by their bmx’s just hanging out along the trail…as I cokered by, the one said with true feeling, “I wish you were my Dad!” I just smiled, gave them a thumbs up.

I was riding to a friend’s house when I passed a group of mean-looking teenagers and surprisingly I got very positive reactions from them all. They were asking many questions about unicycling and a few even tried to ride (without any success). After a couple minutes, I had formed a very good opinion of them all. They started to say good-bye and walk away when one of them had to say, “So… you smoke pot?”

…There goes the positive opinion of them.

I told them I don’t smoke and they looked disappointed, like they had been trying to gain my trust the whole time just to sell some weed. This is not to say that I don’t like pot heads, because I’ve met some very nice people who smoke on occasion. It’s just that I was raised to hate all drugs, and I think that everyone who does them should rethink what they’re doing.

This was the 5th time I’ve been offered pot while riding in the last year, and in my entire life nobody has ever tried to sell any to me when I am off my unicycle. I think there’s a connection there.

Have any of you been offered marijuana while you are riding?

No, but I do live in town.

Today I was riding on top of a retaining wall(nothing too huge) next to a road. A motorbiker going past said, “expletive crazy!” “Gotta be out of your mind!” I guess we both were because neither of us were wearing a helmet. :o

Today, as I was riding by, a little kid said, “Look! She’s riding one of those ferris wheels.”

Today I was riding a trail on my muni, and passed a family taking photos in a clearing.

Mom: Ooooo, look, a one wheel bike! Wouldn’t you like to do that? Isn’t that cool! Would you like to learn to do that?
Kid: No.
Me: (Shrug.)

haha, I like that.

2 people began humming the circus tune when i passed by them yesterday.another told me that i should try and make some money by doing tricks at the beach.

you should i always busk up at wollongong i might go up there tommrow.

In town on my way to work:

“get a horse”

At Ness Creek

“Holy mother of a monkey tit! You are on a unicycle! with a case of beer! Sweet!!”

From last DH ride:

guy on a 2 wheeled thing: “NO WAY!”

Me: “Yes way!”

yeah, maybe when i get slightly better :slight_smile:

Going down past the beach with my sister some guy on a bike said: “Broke your tandem did ya?”

Original comment :stuck_out_tongue:

From a school chum on a bike:

“They invented two wheeled bikes for a reason!”

He’s not the brightest light, so I resisted the urge to tell him that for something to be a bicycle, it must have two wheels, and for something to be a unicycle, it must have one wheel.

For Yesterdays DH ride.

Old guy on bike: “You got balls of steel man!”

While I was driking water before I left for the lift.

Guy on a bike: “Are you really doing the trails or your just waiting there?”

Me: “I’m doing the trails, why not.”

another Biker…: “That thing needs suspention man!”

I like riding DH, moth people are saying good comments, and there’s a couple that just laugh at me. when I’m gonna have my brake I’m gonna do the super hard trails and I’m gonna be laughing at them! :sunglasses:

no, your wrong. If he already lived it, then why is he able to change it? (example: charlies death, course correcting)

edit: but you do have a good point with that, meaning a sort of destiny, but desmond can see whats supposed to happen, and has been able to change it, so it kinda leans towards precognative.

Today, I had a very frightening incident.

While out riding in a parking lot, a drunk man ran up to me, leaving me no chance to get away. The following is our conversation. {What I Said is abbreviated to IS, what the Drunk Guy said is abbreviated to DG, and what I’m Thinking is abbreviated to IT and in brackets.}

DG:Fight!
IT: (Oh F***, the guy wants to fight me!)
IS:Um, no…
DG:We’re gonna fight those guys, wanna help?
IT: (Okay, good, he doesn’t want to fight me)
IS:No, I don’t usually fight…
DG:Oh, okay…
IT: (I’ve gotta get out of here!)
DG: D’ya know where I can get some weapons?
IS:Uh, no, I don’t use weapons…
DG:Okay, well, goodbye.
–He leaves, and I get the hell out of there–

It was very scary, because the (very imposing) guy ran up to me yelling ‘FIGHT!’ I thought I was going to get beat up, and was making plans to escape.

So I’m wondering, has anyone else been invited to a brawl while riding their unicycle?

unicycle are good weapons,rember that.

didnt someone on these fora throw their unicycle at someone that was attempting to beat them up?