Pictures of your latest ride

I really like this thread … right goodie!
Shug

Nothing like a shot of MUni to get over the Winter flu! :stuck_out_tongue:

This picture is really cool, It makes me want to get a 29er even more! How is Muni on a 29er? I’m still not sure if I’ll get one.

400th post!:smiley:

Pic1: The bridge behind me is a privately owned toll bridge that charge 40p per car - unicycles free!
The signals are left from the original trackbed of the railway that used to bring slate from inland quarries to Barmouth on the coast. Now it’s a 10mile uni run.

Pic2:
The original trackbed of the railway now called the Mawddach Trail. 10 miles of good riding for the 36

MUni on a 29’er is great fun!

I’ve been exploring a network of MTB singletrack in the last week on the 29’er, been a muddy, greasey hoot! Some additional pics and video in ‘Woodend II - Singletrack’s Revenge:slight_smile:

Finally got the battery charger for my camera…so here are some pictures from my afternoon ride today.

1. Pre-ride wash.

2-3. At Dickinson Campus. Never know what you are going to get when using a timer on your camera. :slight_smile:

1. Riding atop a retaining wall by High St.

2. Graham…

3. Me! Taken by my sis.

Pic 1:
Morfa Bychan beach.
briliant riding the coker on firm sand. Looking down the beach to the coastline.The red arrow in the background indicates the location of Harlech Castle

Pic 2:
Morfa Bychan beach. Looking down the beach in the opposite direction. The black arrow on the horizon indicates Criccieth Castle

Pic 3:
Unicycle on the Cob
http://www.igreens.org.uk/cob_at_porthmadog.htm

Pic 4:
Birds eye view of the Cob red X marks the spot from where pic 3 was taken

Weekend 27 mile charity ride. Great ride with a couple of old friends that traveled down especially for it.

About 500 riders took part. We were the only unicyclists.

6211_129506073676_718563676_3178186_771815_n.jpg

MUni im Tessin

some people came over the alps to ride on the south part of them, so for once i wasn’t that lonely…

here are some pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/unisan180/MUniImTessin#

Red sky at night, shepherd’s delight as they say*.

A quick evening ride that turned into a quite noticeable 2 hour ride, stopping because I ran out of light more than anything else (as you can see from the picture, which shows the sun setting behind the hills on the other side of the valley - the valley itself is 100m down in the middle of the pic but you can’t really see it thanks to the light).

About 20km, 564m of ascent, 564m of descent.

It is quite overgrown and a bit muddy on my trails at the moment. I crashed a million and one times. Finished the ride off with a quick descent through the graveyard woods, which are right close to home, down a super steep, rock strewn slope, with just not quite enough light to see everything properly, and no obvious trail to follow. That was silly.

More pictures on http://sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/workoutdetail/index.do?id=1312735

Joe

• Red sky at night, shepherd’s delight, red sky in the morning, shepherd’s warning, mince with mashed potato on top, shepherd’s pie.

temp.jpg

Letter of the law, if not the spirit

Not me, but it was seen on my last ride.

The first pic: handrail grind
the last pic: 100cm hop (some months ago…) :roll_eyes:

MOVIE0009 _17__0001.jpg

Still0004.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/Giocologgi/FoceDelPo?feat=directlink
Last sunday… The outlet of Po river…
One afternoon, great sun but not too much, little windy…
3 unis:two 36" and on 29"…
50 km and fun!
Nic

Another local ride, about 20km again. In the pissing down rain.

I found two new trails, which I’ve called “The Trail of Doom” & “The Trail of Terror” for now until I find out what people actually call things round here.

The picture is from the bottom of the Trail of Doom, except in real life it is way steeper than this. The rocks are bigger than they look too. As a bonus, it was wet and very slippy. I came back covered in mud and bruises.

Joe

That does indeed look pretty tame Joe! Annoying when stuff you’ve just scared yourself silly on looks so much easier in pictures. I think things always look easier from the bottom as well - I’ve had a few times when I’ve looked up stuff and thought it worth a try but chickened out when looking down from the top.

BTW - that sunset pic from last week is nice.

Rob

Headed over to Mount Macedon today looking for a good loop for the next monthly MUni ride. It turns out there’s a dedicated cycling trail along with single track put in by the local MTB group… GREAT SUCCESS! :stuck_out_tongue:

http://unplannedismounts.com/2009/07/29/macedon-regional-park-cycling-trail/

A quick pic from my latest ride. I’m working from home, and it has been raining all week, and I was just out and saw the river was high, meaning one section that is usually too rocky to swim, is now a lovely fast rapid. So, this is kind of a ride report, but a bonus river report too!

So, I rode out to the bottom of the section, passing a bunch of kids playing tennis - “Look there’s a man on a unicycle!”* Checked no-one was fishing, and that the river looked safe and dumped my running shoes there. Then I rode back to the top of the swim section, past the kids again - “Look, unicycle man again!”, in a sudden downpour, quickly dumped my riding shoes, unicycle & top and got in the river fast, before any busybody told me I was doing something stupid. Into the current - the first section was funnelling on either side of a nasty tree on so I swum hard on river right, and the current suddenly dragged me into the first wave, which was probably only a foot tall, but it felt like a rollercoaster dropping me into the trough after it. The next section I was dragged pretty fast, and even with the water a good foot higher than normal, it was a bit of a rock-fest, a couple of times I had to drag myself over them, then suddenly it comes out into deep water and it is just a lovely smooth, strong current pulling me along to my bag drop, which I just managed to spot in time to break out and get up the bank, then I bunged my running shoes and a fleece on and ran the 800m back to the unicycle (“Look, unicycle man hasn’t got a unicycle this time!”), bunged the rest of my stuff into my bag, and then rode off as quickly as possible, back home, and up my street, which is itself a bit of a muni ride, being surfaced with large rocks instead of tarmac (as was the fashion in the 1790s).

The stats:

Time: 30 minutes 21 seconds

Ride 1: 2700m
Swim: 465m (in under 5 minutes - pretty close to 400m world record pace!)
Run: 800m
Ride 2:520m

The picture shows one of the tamer bits of the river after the main rapid. I took it when I was scoping out the swim.

Joe

• It occurs to me, if one is trying to be a bit low key and not to attract attention, perhaps a unicycle is not the best choice of personal transport!

river-small.jpg

A casual ride :slight_smile:

Taken on today’s ride in the Monbachtal, Black Forest:

Oh so sweet