Quote of the day (from non-riders)

That’s the doomsday algorithm. It’s not that hard to get used to. I’ve actually known about this for some time. Props to the kid for learning (assuming he found it) it though.

“Hop it! Hop the bike!”

Hops

“YEAH!”

i ride into a childrens playground.

kid: “can you do a bunny hop?”

Me: “Yep!” Jumps up a park bench

kid: “no! no silly! can you bunny hop a bmx!”

Me: confused “urm yeah, but you may have noticed im on a unicycle…”

I just rememberd another one from a few weeks ago…
My friend and i were riding down a cycle path.

Bicyclist.“your missing a wheel matey…”

Me. “nope, we’re sharing…Credit crunch hit us pretty hard!”

I was just riding out in front of my buddies house and some people walking down the street were watching us and as they passed by

Them: “Yeah, but can you surf?”

Me: “Only on a unicycle”

Really though, where do you get surfing from?

I enjoy reading this thread as the comments are mostly funny and entertaining.

I have one to add that is not - but I thought I would post it 'cos I suppose it fits in with the mad-dog stories in this thread. The mad-dogs in my case were three guys in their early 20’s who were worringly offensive to me.

I was riding in a park popular with families, when I came up behind these three dudes who turned to see me as I rode towards them and in an instant basically demanded to have a go of my uni. The whole thing was over in a short time but comprised of
The Approach
The Ride Past
The Departure

The Approach:
“Oi! I want a ride of that”, “Give us a ride of that” - and so on. The three encouraging each other to a demanding frenzy. I smile and continue to ride forward.

The Ride Past:
I am close enough to the three as I glide alongside them. “Get off that I want a go!” says one. I notice the closest is moving towards me. Other expletives are coming out from all three - “Come on give us a go!”. I notice the look in the eyes of the closest and at that moment I begin to feel he may push me off. I kind of make a determined effort to keep going with a bit of a twist. and seem to get away with it. As I start “the departure” the tone changes, " get off it or I’ll take it off you".

The Departure:
I just keep going past them. I have my back to them. I don’t want to turn around. I focus on a group of adults with children way down the path. The verbal abuse continues. They talk to each other. “If I want that I’ll take it off him”. I am putting more distance between me and them. I get away.

These characters seemed to be completely devoid of any social inhibition at the way they were behaving. What they wanted, they demanded. If they couldn’t have it they would consider taking it. My parents used to take me to play on the swings and rides in that park when I was a young kid - 50 years ago! I left the park shortly after the “mad-dog” encounter with the intention of not going back for a long time.

Cool, thanks for posting this.

It happens to all of us from time to time.
You did the right thing in blanking them.
Confrontation could have led to a much worse situation.
Sounds like they were looking for trouble.

Pity them. They are pathetic losers.

I have heard a guy say, “Oh look! It’s a tricycle!!” and also a lady say “Now there’s a gaggle of unicyclers.”

Consideres pitying them because they are a**holes. Decides: No.

Two good quotes today. It’s always nice to go out with other riders (in this case on bikes), because they often hear comments that come out after I’ve passed. The first is just a feel-good one:
“That guy is a beast!”

The second was one of those rare ones that stumps me. And I give the guy big points for thinking it up as we each approach each other at 10 mph plus:
“Switch gears!”

:slight_smile:

One lame possible response I might make to that:
“Gears are for wussies.” The other cyclists doesn’t need to know that I covet a Schlumpf 29er…

Getting up a dawn today and going for a ride on my Coker in our hilly area, wearing a bright tie die T-shirt (to heighten my visibility in the fog):

After climbing a long hill a serious looking biker decked out in expensive biker gear passes me at the top and says, “Funky, dude.”

Then toward the top of another big hill, huffing and puffing near the top, a bleary eyed middle aged guy walking his dog looks at me and his jaw kind of drops. “I can’t believe it!”, he shouts. But I’m too tired to muster anything more than a grin.

They must have an superiority complex that makes them want to feel they are better in some way then everybody else. Most likely they could surf, except Washington would not be my first choice for a surfing locale.

Riding through the Clyne Valley yesterday I tucked in behind two lady cyclists.
We all stayed on one side of the path as a man on a bike towing a horse (!) came from the other direction.
“I’ve seen it all now!” said the woman in front.
“Oh no you haven’t!” said the second as I overtook them.

Went for a ride last evening and 2 guys were like - “Hey dude! Can u pop a wheelie ?”
So i just hopped for them, and they couldnt stop laughing :slight_smile:

i got randomly told in the street by somebody ive never heard of/seen/spoken to that i was stupid for riding a unicycle, and they always knew I’d break my leg soon. :thinking: :thinking:

did they look like this?

no… :thinking: , i dont get it :smiley:

I rode to work today and was called a "studdette. Not bad for an old lady.

He’s a character from Lost who can see the future.

Don’t worry, I’ve watched all five seasons and I still don’t get it.