Qu-Ax 24" MUni Brakes

According to municycle.com; (http://www.einradladen.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=70&osCsid=ece0196f20cbbe924a4bf911f67ad745)

The current version of the Qu-ax Muni dont fits brakes ! Due the extra wide, there is not enough clearance between rim and frame. Please dont order this Muni if you like to use a brake in the future !

But according to unicycle.com; (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=796)

Brake bosses for Magura hydraulic brakes (brakes not included; additional parts required)

Which does it mean? Are they different unicycles?

If it’s possible to install one, where would I buy a magura brake, and how much do they cost?

buy the one off UDC :stuck_out_tongue:

lol that wasnt very helpfull i’m sorry. Idont think that frame fits break, the qu-ax aluminium is the only one that fit brakes i think…

ive seen a 24 qu-ax muni on ebay with maguras. ill try and find the link

Here it is.

the problem with the new Qu-ax at municycle.com is the extra wide rim. there is not enough space for the brake

I ride the 24" quax muni with Magura brakes fitted. You will need to buy the older black CroMo frame with the brake bosses welded on from UDC.
I’ve included a couple of pics of my setup. You will notice the welded brake bosses from the side view (sorry - it’s a bit blurry cos i used my camera phone).
Also note the crazy angle of the brakes. This was to provide clearance with the Leopard 24x3.2" tyre, otherwise they would rub the tyre sidewall. These are angled down as far as they will go. IMO the brake bosses should have been welded 3mmm lower.
I later changed to a DMR Moto RT street tyre. I could re-adjust the angle of the brakes for the slimmer tyre, but they are fiddly to set up so i’m going to leave them the way they are.

muni_brake_1.jpg

i got some magura quicksilver brakes (brand new, front and back) for $94 i think. you can buy older ones for less but they will require bleeding out the systems sooner than usual.

My Qu-ax 19" has brake mounts on it:S