Put yourself on the map!

That must have been someone else’s “Maestro8’s Fun House” I saw on the map…:wink:

Bingo! that is exactly what I did.

Hey man, your place isn’t too far from Tacoma and eatonville. My friend Josh is a pretty decent trials/street/muni rider. His forum name is Muniryder or something like that. I can pm you his number and stuff if you want it. He’ll be coming down not this weekend but next if you call him before that you might be able to hitch a ride down and ride with us.

As this is a googlemap, is there a way we can get it google maps rather than just linked into the site?

The zoom and lack of info is a bit annoying on this. Maybe we can have a map with contact details (link to profile on the forum or something). Couldn’t this be done automatically?

Mowcius

Woohoo! That was exciting, but now I know for sure the SirSkillz is the closest person to me, and not all that close. :frowning:

Well there are no doubt unicyclists that are not on this map…

Ya, but do they really count? lol I have one friend who rides a uni, but I need to get her back into the sport… When I started a month and a half ago she seemed sooooo good… Now I’m better XD

now why would that be? :stuck_out_tongue:

Only one in West Chester? How fun is THAT!

Now I know what you mean by Chilliwack-Abbotsford border:D

Relative to the other unicyclists on the planet, 60ish kilometres from the nearest one isn’t bad:)

I think the link directly to the profile instead of general link to unicyclist.com would be an improvement

60 is definitely in unicycle range :slight_smile:

Yes it definitely would.

I presume that’s what it was set up to be originally but someone broked it :stuck_out_tongue:

I too would like a link to see it on googlemaps directly. the map looks rather stupid being 4 times wider than it is high. That coupled with the functionality make for an interesting time attempting to use the map.

Also, I don’t know what the public visability of the map is, but I can’t find it when I search the web…

Maybe me doing a new one wasn’t such a bad idea.

Should we have a new google based one? More info can be given on each rider and I think some of the riders on that have not been on the forum for over 3 years.
Then trails and good places to ride can be added to as well as unicycling clubs etc.

Mowcius

Maybe, but I also know that as a map become more crowded, it becomes slow to load, and a nightmare to use.

I’d suggest making separate ones for each country… or some other factor. I’m happy to join in.

I’ve been thinking that maps are stored at google, and here it is just a script that loads the markers from the local file. Probably that’s why it gets slower when there are many people.

Yeah, the map on this site is slow enough to load all the markers.

Yeah, something like that.

Well, anyone got any bright ideas?

I think one for each country could work well but could be confusing. Maybe that is the best option though. It might not be so great for people who are on their own on a map!

I will have a look for other large google maps and see how slow they are.

Mowcius

Right, I took a look at another map with more than 100 markers on it and it wasn’t slow at all. Obviously if this gets full then we could have >9x that amount but I am optimistic that it wouldn’t be too slow.

I think we’d need a seperate map for local trails/clubs/skate parks etc. though

Mowcius

There is another reason to separate in some regional form: the auto zoom… Plus, mapping stuff and putting people on the same list could prove rather useful.

It would be possible to provide a master map, containing one reference point for each regional map, with a link to that map… less clutter on the big map and you can chose where to look…

You know how to do this?

By all means tell me! :smiley:

Mowcius