Post Your Unis Here!

Girls can get away with that.

Lucky buggers.

And I’m curious how you did that too. There are so many more interesting colours than black.

I’m pretty sure it’s just a normal impact saddle… A lot of street/flat riders use them because thinner saddles are easier to throw.

Yeah, it’s an Impact saddle :slight_smile: I think I’m gonna put on a new handle and bumper 'cause the paint goes away really easily and it doesn’t look that good :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Yes, I spray painted it :wink:

+1

Im jealous…

Nimbus II 24"

Here’s my 1st uni, Nimbus II 24" with KH Fusion Freeride saddle, Odyssey JC/PC pedals, and a 24x2.7" knobby tire. I’m planning on adding Magura brakes and a KH T-bar handle whenever I get a trials uni and can dedicate this one fully to MUni.

you got the most awesome pedals in the world right there:D

Now, here is the $600 question. What do I try to get for Christmas.

Option #1:
Get a custom KH trials uni

Option #2:
Get nimbus trials uni and add brakes to the 24" posted above

What do you think?

custom KH Trials uni :smiley:

+936

Fixed it :smiley: haha

All the trials riders will tell you KH, and all the riders with brakes will tell you that. It just depends on what you want to do more with it.

I would like to make MUni my priority, but reality is that I have a very hard time getting away from work and family enough to have a day on trails. Trials can be done almost anywhere. Gah, I don’t know. I may only have $300 by then so its a question of getting the nimbus trials uni vs brakes on the 24".

i dont think you would be able to add some brakes because you dont have any brake mounts

There is a brake mount kit that requires welding. I have a buddy who can get them welded on. I suspect $300 total to add brakes to it, including mounts.

yea but then the chrome would get destroyed. so then you would need to spend more on rechroming it or even geting the chrome removed to powdercoat it. if i were you id just get a proper muni frame.

UniMD look for brakes on ebay, or secound hand, you can get them way cheaper, also look in the buy and sell part of this forum. Bryce does up maguras. Also IMO I wouldn’t spend to much money on brakes till I had got a wider/stronger rim.

So it looks like the cheapest and easiest way to go is to spend $55-65 on a Nimbus MUni frame and then get 2nd hand brakes. Eventual replacement rim when I kill this on. Sound about right? $209 for the KH frames doesn’t seem as reasonable.

Another option is to wait for the MountainUni disc brake to be available.

I think that will work. The Nimbus frame is strong enough for normal riders.

When you want to do Muni, you should really consider to get a wider rim, like this one: http://www.unicycle.com/unicycle-hardware/rims-and-custom-wheelsets/20-24-inch-rims/nimbus-24-inch-muni-rim.html