Post Your Unis Here!

The lot.

How did you do the extra shoelace thing? I just got a new KH street saddle and the cover doesn’t hug the foam like it should. I think a fix like yours would work. Could you post some close up pics or something?

i simply used a knife to poke holes in the cover just outside the stitching
on the bottom and laced a shoelace in there :smiley:

it works really nice to tighten up the center of your cover.

I’m not sure what to ask first!

Is it the seat or the frame that is on backwards?

How easy are 27" tyres to find?

How far did you tour with it?

Is there anything missing from the bearing holders? Bearing maybe? Or even holders? Would you mind taking a closer photo of the hub arrangement?

STM

The seat is on the right way, the frame does not have a direction.

27" wheels were standard for road bikes in the 70’s and 80’s. The tyres are still easily available.

I mainly toured the local bike paths with it. I also took it along some bush tracks when I went camping.

The frame bolts directly onto the cranks. No bearings. It is a little worn out now.

Does the cover get extra tightnet when you tighten it “backwards”?

if you are assuming thats what i have done, it isn’t.

my guess is that because there is no knot at the back of my seat
cover means it is on backwards, to explain, this is just the 09 saddle
cover, it ties up at the rear of the cover and is then hidden under the
rear bumper :slight_smile:

i hope that answers your question.

New trial uni

My new trial uni :slight_smile:

Saddle: Impact Naomi
Seatpost: K1 Pit fighter (purple anodized)
Clamp: Hope
Frame: Impact Gravity
Tyre: Try-all
Rim: V!Z
Hub: KH Ti
Cranks: Tensile 140
Pedals: Wellgo MG Ti

Weight: about 4,5 kg

Seatpost: K1 Pit fighter (purple anodized)

Weight: about 4,5 kg

26" guni (todays ride)

Hey MUNIROCKS,
That tree your guni is on looks just like one I ride by all the time, (wrong side of globe). But anyways, we’ve exchanged views on other forums. What would you add/change on your frame for Geared riding.
I’m making a new frame and was intending a geared hub for this project. and since you posts have all seemed reasonably consistant I thought you could offer me insight. What do you say?

Hey, nice project you have in mind there!

I must say that I’m very satisfied with the current KH26 frame. It is light and strong and allows me to run 26x3" tires. I could hardly think of any improvements other than an increased tire clearance. The design is as good as it gets as far as I’m concerned.
Of course you could build it with that terminator-style suspension but I guess that would be heavy.
Obviously the geared hub is very heavy by itself so you may want to keep the weight of everything else as low as possible without reducing riding comfort.
Obviously a light material will be important. While titanium and carbon fiber do have their advantages aluminum seems to be a much cheaper alternative with similar properties.
But of course that’s nothing new to say. I’ll just list what I think are the most important features for a 26" guni frame:

-light weight
-strong
-wide enough for 26x3 tires
-brake mounts for hydraulic brakes (or a disc brake)
-machined bearing housings (with the right dimensions for a Schlumpf)
-knee friendly crown design
-ovalized tubing

I have been dreaming of the possibility to fold the touring handle down towards the frame and keeping the brake lever under the bumper handle for technical riding. That would be difficult to do, though.

That’s about all I can think of at the moment.

Having seen your previous creations I’m sure you can come up with something really crazy.

By the way, in case you missed it, there is a new titanium Triton frame that might be inspiring. It fits 24, 26 and 29" wheels up to 4" wide.
Just do a search for “triton titan” to check it out.
Of course it costs an arm and a leg otherwise I would have placed an order already.

Good luck with your project! Can’t wait to see the results.

Thanks Munirocks,
The tire clearance, is probably the most important. Followed by weight and strength. All that you have listed are great consideration Thanks. I really like the folding touring handle Idea of yours. I’ll keep you posted. Any tabs for attachment to be added?

My new trial uni

My new new trial uni :slight_smile:

Seatpost: K1 Pit Fighter (purple anodized)
Seat clamp: Hope
Tyre: Try-All

Weight: about 4,5 Kg

UniAdedesign.jpg

Seatpost: K1 Pit Fighter
Pedals: Wellgo Mg Ti

UniAdedesign.jpg

Seatpost: K1 Pit Fighter (purple anodized)

UniAdedesign.jpg

That uni is really cool. That’s the best Trials set up you can get, but if it was mine I’d ride a MEC on it:) Really cool, and really light!

I wish I had the money for a uni like that:)

Isn’t the roundcrown frame actually heavier then the flat (if it is i do not think the weight difference is substantial)?

That’s the best looking unicycle I’ve ever seen.

He could have a lighter frame :wink:

he also could have a carbon fiber seat frame :wink:

Even lighter with an MEC tire on it