Post Your Unis Here!

i dont think you would be able to add some brakes because you dont have any brake mounts

There is a brake mount kit that requires welding. I have a buddy who can get them welded on. I suspect $300 total to add brakes to it, including mounts.

yea but then the chrome would get destroyed. so then you would need to spend more on rechroming it or even geting the chrome removed to powdercoat it. if i were you id just get a proper muni frame.

UniMD look for brakes on ebay, or secound hand, you can get them way cheaper, also look in the buy and sell part of this forum. Bryce does up maguras. Also IMO I wouldn’t spend to much money on brakes till I had got a wider/stronger rim.

So it looks like the cheapest and easiest way to go is to spend $55-65 on a Nimbus MUni frame and then get 2nd hand brakes. Eventual replacement rim when I kill this on. Sound about right? $209 for the KH frames doesn’t seem as reasonable.

Another option is to wait for the MountainUni disc brake to be available.

I think that will work. The Nimbus frame is strong enough for normal riders.

When you want to do Muni, you should really consider to get a wider rim, like this one: http://www.unicycle.com/unicycle-hardware/rims-and-custom-wheelsets/20-24-inch-rims/nimbus-24-inch-muni-rim.html

You could just get a trials and use it for MUni… Its harder because of the small tire, but thats what i do. :smiley:

Should there be any problem with using that rim with brakes?

Nope, I’ve got that rim and its fine, I use it with a magura. It is compadible with rim brakes.

I only ask because it says its the same as a KH only without the “brake grove” and branding. I wasn’t sure what a brake grove was.

I dont know what brand unicycle this is haha

Frame: Impact Gravity
Rim: K1 drilled
Hub: K1 reinforced
Cranks: KH 125mm
Pedals: JC/PC
Seat: KH free ride with CF base
Tire: some what balded Luna <3

Total weight: 11.25lbs :smiley:

also like to thank Joe and Will for making my new unicycle possible:)

Dang dude, I thought my seat was low! Looks niiiice though.

I actually raised my seat an inch or so in the past month haha
thanks though:)

I’m getting white Odyssey pedals soon but this is what my unicycle looks like right now:

Specs
Seat: Velo with KH foam, turquoise drawstring and allen bolts
Clamp: Sun Alloy Quick Release - Black
Frame: 2008 Red Nimbus
Rim: Black Nimbus Trials
Hub: Nimbus ISIS
Cranks: 125mm Nimbus Ventures
Pedals: Blue Black-Ops Gummy
Tire: Luna

My flatland setup:
KH 08 street seat with cf.
UDC post
Ajata freestyle frame
Ajata cromo square taper hub
Nimbus ventures 100mm
Sapim double butted spokes
Primo 7005 balance rim
Lightweight tube
Revenge 2.1" kevlar tire
DK plastic pedals, pins replaced with griptape, and i curved the corners a bit.

The cranks are decent for rolls. The ‘rolly’ bit is the same diameter as moments, but not as wide. I’m a bit dubious about the hub. Hopefully the fact that im only using it for flat, the short crank length, me not being very heavy, and the solid axle will mean it holds up.

Its very smooth to ride and pretty light at about 4.6kg. And it’s shiny!

yeah luke!! thats awesome man. looks so so nice. the cranks look amazing, and not to mention the - pedals, seat, tyre!? and the shinyness! haha :slight_smile: we should go on a flatland ride sometime, just go to the museum and film flat stuff! :slight_smile:

looks heavy i would upgrade some things on it but nice uni

I got the new frame in, swapped over the wheel and seat. The mount for the lever is on. Now I just need the mounts to attach the brakes to the frame. I was a dumbass and forgot to order them with the other stuff. Hopefully I’ll have it before the weekend though. I’ll post pics once its all together.

Here’s my piecemeal MUni.

MUnicycle2.jpg

MUnicycle3.jpg