Post Your MUni here!

One of my favourite ‘custom’ Uni jobs was Unigeezer’s camouflage one… I think it’s a KH 26 with a schlumpf, can’t remember off the top of my head, but it looks awesome… What I can see of it anyway :wink:

I do agree that a lot of the uni’s I see are fairly ‘stock’, just with accessories like grab-handles and a shiny new tyre :smiley:

I got curious and searched him up on here. Took me awhile. I am new so I didn’t know how this unigeezer person was, but I just went to his webpage and checked it out. WOW, he’s done a lot.

http://unigeezer.com/?page_id=99

I see the camouflage one you’re talking about.

He posts on this forum as “muniaddict” btw. He’s a nice guy with a good sense of humor… Back on topic, he has done lots of custom paint jobs, that page with his unis could really use an update.

Well, I guess it didn’t happen then. Oh wait…

It’s not a muni, but it was a response to your query, which specified “unicycle”. It is actually my learner, but I have been known to bop around town on it, including on the gravel shoulders and the ruts that the postman makes, which can be pretty rough.

I have higher resolution pics, but it is at the limit of my ability (long story) to post these.

It’s pretty personalized. Who else has a green uni with that reflector tape job? And then there’s the duct tape saddle bumpers (the originals were busted up or getting there), though I have since upgraded the saddle. And the chrome skull valve cap, frame pump (I had a spate of punctures), hardware store bolt/nut in the seatpost clamp, serious pedals, serious tire, etc. It bears only a passing resemblance to the Balance-branded cheapie I got off of craigslist at this point. The tape is probably the most obvious difference in overall appearance. It is clearly my creation and has a lot more character than my nicer 29" which is nearly stock. I didn’t set out to achieve a particular look, it has just sort of happened over the life of this uni since I got it in December.

I have pictures of this uni before the tape job, and they look kind of freaky just because that isn’t what my unicycle looks like now.

I know I’m not the first person to put retroreflective tape on their uni. I recall seeing a picture where somebody had yellow squares on their frame before I did mine.

I know him as Unigeezer because his youtube videos inspired me to join this community :smiley: But yeah, he has done a fair few custom jobs, the camouflage one’s my favourite though!

And Idlux, that is… amazing! I have to get me some reflective tape! How well does it stay on?

It sticks pretty tenaciously. I imagine that if I were to try to remove it, it might be difficult. I put clear packing tape over the top of it to protect the edges from wear. This sort of decal contains tiny glass beads which can fall out of the cut edges. I have not tested that, though, I just applied the clear tape prohylactically. The clear tape doesn’t stick very well, actually, and the edges lift and attract dirt. I might remove it and see how the decals hold up without it. Or not. There is a hexagonal pattern of cells filled with the beads.

It does not conform well at all to contours. A cylindrical section, like where I put it, fine, but on something like the curved part of the fork, It would pucker and not stick well around the edges. It is not stretchy at all. I made that tradeoff so I could use the brightest type of retroflective tape.

@ldlux

Cool man, nice work. I just like looking at pictures :stuck_out_tongue:

After awhile I’ll see what kind of stuff I’ll put on my unicycle.

26"

This is my KH26" muni. :sunglasses:

It weighs exactly 9 lbs. 26" Oracle frame, Dartmoor Trixie rim, Deity valve cap, lightweight racing tube, Specialized S-Works The Captain tire (2.0), DT Competition spokes, purple DT alloy nipples, Impact Exceed Ti hub, Qu’ax lightweight cranks, Deity Compound pedals, Deity seat post clamp, KH seat post, and Impact Naomi saddle. All that is left is getting rid of the D’Brake and someday getting a CF base. It’s made for XC, and it is soooo light and smooth!

Sweet, especially your ti hub.

I noticed that you went with Quax light weight cranks. Does anyone know how tough they actually are? I’d like to get some for my 36er (because they’re cheap, not because I’m a weight wimp) but I’m afraid that they aren’t tough enough.

+1
I belive he’s redone the 24 w/ more brown & comoed the 26"

Not to mention purple! :slight_smile: Love it!

From what I understand, they won’t be able to handle jumping or drops, but I don’t do any of that anyway. I can’t hop more than a foot high, and the most I can drop down is a curb. So far they’re holding up, and if I brake them, they’re only $10.

THANKS!!! I’m calling it The Purple Nurple. Real classy.

I’ve had those cranks on my 36er for a couple of years now. They’re fine for riding around.

Damn that’s a beautiful uni, bwrightback

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

8 pounds, 15 oz:
Custom Triton Frame
Exceed Impact Hub
Dartmoor Trixie Rim
Specialized S-Works The Captain tire (26x2.0)
Lightweight racing mtb tube
DT Competition spokes
DT purple alloy nipples
Deity valve cap
Qu-Ax Isis Aluminum cranks
Deity Compound pedals
Thompson Elite seatpost
Scott Wallis CF base
Impact Naomi foam and cover

Eventually I might add a brake. But for now I’m enjoying its current state that would make any weight weenie proud. :slight_smile:

Bri

What a beauty! Congrats!

Sweet ride bwrightback, making me feel all jelly.

That triton frame you bought is beast! It’s definitely customized well. I wonder if you can or are considered going gear with that?

Thanks! I don’t think so. Too heavy for my liking. Maybe if I start focusing on distance trail riding. I plan to build a 29 wheel next year so I might look into a schlumpf. I need to start saving for my wedding now though. :slight_smile: