Post Your MUni here!

I like it, Killian. It’s very Nightrider (the car, not the tire). As for flattening the saddle…is that all that helpful for muni? I use a flat seat on my 36, but kinda like the curved seat on my 26" because of the extra “thigh grip” it provides. I’m only usually doing about 4 mile rides on the 26", so I don’t think there’d be comfort advantage to a flat saddle. Maybe if you ride longer distances though it’d be helpful.

Yes, very nice, Killian. Get some dirt and scuffs and scratches on it and it’ll look even nicer!

Lloyd, I like the flat saddle on my other Muni. I tend to ride 10+ miles on my Muni outings so that could be it. I’m a bit pissed though, cause I rushed during the flattening job, and got a bit of a tear in the foam. It went together fine, and I put a layer of tape over the tear, but you can see a bulge/wrinkle in the seatcover now. :angry:

Got it all ready to go now, hopefully I’ll go out Thursday or Sunday on it and see if I can get it dirty.

I need to keep reminding myself that it’s going to get the hell beat out of it, and it’s pointless worrying over bulges/wrinkles in the seat, and scuffs on the handle. :roll_eyes:

That’s a good looking unicycle. I wish I would have bought a 26 instead of 24. Nice

Just fitted a little computer/odometer to the Muni…

I do want to know how far I’m pedalling but really I think I just love tech toys :roll_eyes:

UL

In my mtb days I found a computer helpful in comparing my ability over several rides, and different trails esp if the mileage wasn’t on the map.

Now all my trails have mileage clearly marked on the map and I’m slow enough that a watch is good enough.

If it’s wireless see if you can strap it to your wrist. If the distance to the sensor is short enough you can get real time info.

I like it.

Baptized in the soil of the rocky mountains. Already got a big scratch down the right frame leg. :smiley: Must have been from one of times it went down the hill side. :stuck_out_tongue:

Loads more fun than my trusty ol’ 29er. Thanks to Ben for pointing me in the direction of a smaller wheel, I love it!

Hope it’s built to last cause it’s going to go through hell. :roll_eyes: :sunglasses:

Nice rig, love the black frame very slick

Doesnt look tubeless yet? :wink:

I too am really enjoying the smaller wheel. My 29er is getting no love lately.

I’m on my trials on lunch breaks at work, my 36er for my ride to and from work, and my 24 for my muni. I guess when I do some more cross-country riding I’ll pick my 29 up again, or some short neighborhood trips, but right now it’s sitting with a flat tire in my shed.

Nope, and this one ain’t going tubeless.

Tubeless is really nice in my 36er, but my HD tubeless 29er is really getting to be more of a nuisance than a benefit. I’m finally getting sick of all the burping. I can run 18 psi in that tubed Duro, and jump off of anything I want whereas I was running 32 psi in my HD, and still had to be careful not to take too big of a drop.

I’m sure the duro could be made tubeless and work fine, but I just put Stans in the tube and am calling it good. Yeah, it’s probably heavy, but the smaller wheel size and increased tire volume is more than making up for the weight IMO. Going to the 26er was one of the smartest things I’ve done.

I may actually end up selling the 29er since I’m actually faster on my 26. The wheel size hasn’t slowed me down at all, and I’m spending less time stopping to catch my breath and UPD’ing.

But that’s just me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Everyone here going on about their 29er not getting any love :frowning: When I’ve just gotten this beast through the post this morning! I put it against my eBay special 24" because I can’t get over how much bigger the wheel and tyre are :smiley:

It’s a Qu-Ax Crossfire (The cheapest ‘MUni’ 29er I could find…) And UDC told me they’re now discontinued, so I had to grab it before they all went :roll_eyes:

So far been riding it about 2 hours after learning on my 24, definitely an awesome tank of a machine for cross-country/long-ish distance! I’m all excited like a kid at Christmas, I’m heading out again! :D:D:D:D

Don’t get me wrong. I love all unicycles. It’s just for me, right now, the 29 seems like a “jack of all trades, master at none”. But remember I am a really light guy with not much time to master the 29 in real trail situations, with hills and rocks and roots.

For muni, most of the time, it seems a bit too big. For road, too small.

The 29er cranks look like light duty qu-ax brand. I have used those on my unicycles, but be careful not to take drops or they will bend. I mainly do XC on my 29" so it is not that much of a problem. You could pick up some old-style Moments if you want something bullet-proof.

Scott

Yeah they are Qu-Ax aluminium cranks I think - Have heard of them bending already :frowning: Like you though I mostly ride XC so I doubt I’ll be doing any drops. Hell, look at the Uni behind the 29er, that’s survived my riding (barely…) for about 2 months (of which the first few weeks it hit the deck about 10 times a minute!) So the 29er will probably manage just fine. I am considering replacing the cranks purely because I want something shorter, so I might take your Moments recommendation then!

Wait until you see a 36er. The wheel looks ridiculously large when you first get it out of the box.

:smiley: Yeah, I’m trying to imagine it! Probably not going to go bigger than 29 for a bit so sadly I won’t get that joy… Goes looking for unboxing videos

not quite an unboxing but here… have a side by side

20 - 29 - 36

I guess I should quit complaining that it took me a few tries to freemount my 29er for the first time :smiley: 36ers definately look like a whole different animal!

My riding style has changed significantly since I got my 29er, that’s all. 29 is a great wheel size for flow and XC, but I’ve found myself creeping more towards DH and more ‘hardcore’ Muni.

I just got this built up for my son, it started life as a KH 26, had various upgrades, but what it really needed was a good going through and a paint job :slight_smile:

They call it Lollipop Candy Purple, pictures don’t really do it justice, the sheen, how the color changes with the angle of view, it’s just gorgeous: