Post Your Current Projects Here

Nice, I can’t wait to see what you do with it…

I might have just spent a grand on my dream uni…

I also might be a liar…

Or I might not…

:wink: :sunglasses: :thinking:

it’s not really a project but i spray painted my peddles red on my KH 19" :slight_smile:

I also did a gradient effect on my spare cranks:)

They look good now but I really doubt it will last.

Surly Rolling Darryl at 82mm wide :wink:

Post pictures! I know it’s done

The wheel is built, and it’s wwaaaaayyyy bigger than what I thought it would be haha! It’ll be good for snow! I still dont have the right frame. I have my plan on paper, I found my tubing, all I need is the rest of my jig and finding how/where to order my tubing!

It will be awesome. :slight_smile:

Dream Uni Day 1:

Figured this is as good a place as any to write about my latest build. For those who don’t know, I’m 18 and have only recently had a real job (devoted my time to football throughout high school). Up until now, I’ve had to build my uni’s on a budget, and would sacrifice things that I wanted but didn’t need.

Now that I have had a job for a while, I got a loan, and decided to build my no-holes-barred dream uni. If I wanted to have it, I got it on this uni. Right down to the valve caps (more on that later). It’s still not super crazy expensive, but it’s exactly how I want it. No corners cut for once.

Today I got all of my boxes in. Over the next week or two, I’ll start building it up and maybe throw a picture or two up.

Pretty excited over here… :roll_eyes:

And the Marshall Mathers LP II dropped today, what else could a guy want?

Sounds interesting. Did you go with a geared hub?

A schlumpf is one thing I opted not to do. I thought about it, but haven’t been able to try one yet, and I’m not sure how much I’d actually use it.

Do you have the tyre allready on the rim?
And what tyre do you have?
And how wide is the wheel - how much clearance will you need in the frame?

Built my wheel up today. Opted for black nipples, and damn it, they’re all scuffed up already from tensioning my wheel.

Oh well. It still looks ‘kind of’ cool. I guess it’ll never be perfect. :o

Sharpie marker.

That’s kind of what I was thinking. We’ll give it a try tomorrow.

As for the sharpie marker, test a little spot. On some blacks it shows up very obvious almost like an off black. You may end up doing all the nipples to make it look right. I’ve learned this from personal experience. But it is cheap and easy.

And just like that, both of the nuts in my seatbase stripped out. It appears that this uni is gonna fight me the whole way.

I tried supeglue and epoxy to no avail, and thru-bolts won’t work with my shadow base. I contacted UDC to see if they’ll warranty it (bolts were NOT cross threaded or overtight), and if not, guess I’ll be getting a new one.

Dreams are expensive, no?

K-

Sorry your dream project is turning into a nightmare! :frowning:

Are you sure the nuts are stripped or did they get pushed up into the foam so the bolts can’t engage them? :thinking: The latter has happened to me several times when swapping seats – and I think it is worse while mounting a Shadow base because the base tends to force the bolts out of alignment before they engage the nuts. :angry:

See if you can feel the loose nuts through the foam and push them towards the base. Engage the bolts on front or back, but only screw them in half way, and then engage the other two bolts. Once all four bolts have been started, tighten them in an X pattern.

One other thing, is this a flattened seat? If so, the front and back bolt holes may be too far apart to properly engage.

-B

The nuts are definitely stripped. I took the seat apart and tried to glue them as well as epoxy them, and neither work. The seat is flattened, but that didn’t make a difference on my 36er seat with Shadow Handle on it.

Once the nuts were spinning, I couldn’t get the bolts back out! I had to pull the knot from the back of the bumper and loosen the seat cover. In the process I bent the flange on the Shadow base (hopefully strength hasn’t been compromised) and started popping stitches in the cover.

Oh well, worse comes to worse, I’ll buy a new seat and keep this one as a spare.

Well my current project is a leash for the Oregon. I need to fab something up so that when I upd at the ski slopes it doesnt run away. Ideas?

I would use a coiled telephone cord with the ends clamped into loops wrapped around some sort of bungie to take up some of the shock. You should be able to make it for very cheep.

I haven’t made one so can’t give too specific advice.