Post Your Current Projects Here

Sounds like the opposite of the 29er problem… :roll_eyes:

What’s the 29er problem?

That there aren’t enough good tires.

Borrowed some 175mm cranks off of one of my MTB’s to try out some 36er muni with the Titan :smiley:

For Muni, I would change the pedals. Put the ones on floor on your muni.
You will need the grip.

Adapter for attaching a unicycle saddle to a bike fork

I had a need to non-destructively attach a unicycle saddle to a 1 1/8" bike fork and was inspired by Jim Sowers’ BUNI to commission this adapter from Bronson Silva. The part already had a mount on it that I could have gotten taken off but it seemed unobtrusive and it could be useful for attaching lights or whatever.

Integrated spooner on my Avid lever. I’ve been telling myself I’ll make my own since the first version of the KH spooner came out. I finaly did it :stuck_out_tongue:

I already posted a picture of this in the fat uni thread but wanted to close the loop on this. After 6 months the project is complete. The 24" version of the On-One Floater still seems to be unavailable.

OCD kicked in so I figured I’d give the shadow handle one last shot for muni. Got out the saw and chopped it all down for a one “handle” bar. I’m going to take it out shortly to see but the few driveway circles felt good. I’m sure it will get some good comments too. :sunglasses:

Another shot

It’s funny, I’ve considered many times cutting one side off of my Shadow handle since I only use my right hand when I ride.

However, the more I ride the fatty, the more I’ve found that I can cruise the down hill with both hands on the bar.

Sorry I can’t ride this weekend, but our 36ers should have a get together. I’m slightly jealous of all the orange…

I’m trying to figure what else I can do in orange… handle bar grips… and It would be awesome to paint the curved inside of the rim. :smiley: Oh and the orange 36er tire where do I get one of those? :stuck_out_tongue:

There are apparently marker pens that’ll work fine on tyres, see the G32 ‘hotrod’ uni thread :smiley:

I found a orange Stealth 2 rim :smiley:

Ok I’m done…

1. Maxxis ardent 2.4 folding bead tyre- tubeless.

Have you used a tubless set-up already? If so, how does your ride compare?

I have always hated the seat on my 1st unicycle(24" Torker) I have a flat Freeride and flat Street. The flat Street is by far my favorite saddle but being the cheap bastard that I am(not wanting to fork out $ for better seat) I decided to try flattening the Torker seat as well.

It worked fairly well and I didn’t have to oblong the mounting holes like I did on the KH. I also put a little reverse camber in the stiffener plate to help keep it flat. I tossed the crappy Torker seat cover and put on a KH Street I had laying around. I’m happy with the results and can’t figure why unicycle manufactures still build banana seats… :slight_smile:

I hate using photobucket for posting pictures and for some reason the forum “manage attachments” always rotates rectangular pictures… :roll_eyes:

That reminds me of a project I had in the works awhile back for my Surly Big Dummy. I was planning on using a 2 bolt seatpost clamp for the larger diameter tube, and a shim to the lower diameter to equalize clamping pressure. Your version is nice, especially if you want to add a cantilever brake at a later date!

Here is my still unnamed 700c unicycle. Aside from the frame and the cable routing, i believe she is pretty much a finished project.

Fat Uni idea?

I posted this in response to a couple of other posts in the “Monster Uni” thread. I thought it might be better placed over here.

Anyway I’m a little intrigued about a fat uni, and rather than buying an Oregon I’m considering remaking my Nimbus 29 into a fat 26.

Nurse Ben suggested that a Nate 3.8 works well on 50mm rims. I have a Tryall 50mm rim, and I would just need the rubber for it. How would the Devist8or work on a 50? Price is more the thing at the moment, and $35 is a nice price for a 4" tire.

Is there enough clearance at the top of the N29 frame to fit a fat 26" tire? Maybe someone could measure the outside diameter of a couple of fat tires and I could figure it out.

Here’s what I’m thinking for modifying the frame:

I know you said that you are planning to go with a Devist8or tire, but for measurements, you can have a look at this thorough list of Surly tires measurements on a couple of different rims: Surly Tire Geometries.

Hope it helps :wink: