Post your broken Uni parts here..

Yeah, I was doing grinds which would makes sence for the spokes but I don’t think it should result in the flange breaking in that way. Also the flange is only a little scratched it’s mostly mud or dirt that was trapped under the spokes.

What hub you replacing it with

If it’s covered by warrenty it would be replaced with the same hub. But if not I think I will replace it with a nimbus.

Luckily it was covered but it was close. Should be back riding soon.

Looks to be a fairly common problem, just a shame it had to happen to my take no prisoners uni. :frowning: All the scuffs are from trying to get the post out of the frame. It had been in there without adjusting the height for quite some time.

It’ll be back in action soon.

And not even 3 days later on my other muni:

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Is there any way to get the barb out of the hose or do I have to buy a new hose section? Also, I have no idea how to get fluid back into this thing. Think asking your grandpa to replace a gfx card inside a PC level of clueless here.

Nice metaphor!

OK so I cant really put how to do it in words but thats how i break every one of my maguras :confused: there are TONS of great tutorials on how to do it on youtube :slight_smile:

From what I can tell there’s a barbed connector, one end screws to the brake the other gets wedged into the tube. The connector piece that gets wedged into the tube broke off in the tube. I figure I’m going to have to cut the tube a bit shorter or find a way to get the broken piece out.

I haven’t figured how to get the metal piece that keeps the meshed tube from fraying (or whatever it does) off the end of the tube, but it’s not like I’ve tried to force the issue.

You may end up having to send me a youtube link. When I open youtube I end up typing things like huuurr duuuur into the search field while I’m thinking of what terms to search on. :wink:

I’ve got to think this is a fairly run of the mill issue for a LBS to fix, so there’s that. No idea how much something like this would run.

Bryce might be able to help too if you send him a PM.

Just 5 minutes into my 2nd weekend ride, land nice rolling hop and I felt something very bad going on, I managed to walk away holding just the seat… :slight_smile:
At first I thought that I’ve broke the seat, but not it was the seat post. Interestingly it was broke just beneath the reinforcment plate that Qu-ax made on that model…

So I drove home replaced it with spare one that I had (lucky me… I have to order another one just for those cases :)), and finished my ride as usual.

Have fun,
UVcycle

I broke my Echo Urban rim yesterday, 16 spoke broken, 3 of them when through the rim, a few others were also coming. I’ve been riding it for a year exactly. Now I have to find a 32h, double walled, eyeletted rim…

Posting here, and hoping everyone gets emails, does anyone have a broken KH hub lying around? I need a broken ISIS hub to start working on my unicycle frame Jig! I’m willing to pay for it also.

Even with the broken parts that’s still an awesome uni…

I told you land mine trials was a bad idea!

Jakob would it be possible to have a hub shapped jig manufactured on a metal lathe at a machine shop or technical school. If you know of any schools that have machine shop curriculum you maybe able to have them manufacture what you need at low or no cost.

Looking forward to seeing your project. If I ever break my hub it’s yours but don’t count on it. The only way I will break my hub is if I accidentally run over it with my car. Good luck.

Glenn

Jacob would it be possible to have a hub shapped jig manufactured on a metal lathe at a machine shop or technical school. If you know of any schools that have machine shop curriculum you maybe able to have them manufacture what you need at low or no cost.

Looking forward to seeing your project. If I ever break my hub it’s yours but don’t count on it. The only way I will break my hub is if I accidentally run over it with my car. Good luck.

Glenn

I tacoed my rim for the first time doing a 3 ft. drop.
I landed the drop good though.http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
It got bent about 6" out of shape. It was a very cheap 26" wheel.

Broken Hub

Broke the disc side flange on my 36er, down till I replace it !

20170403_204713(1).jpg

1 Like

Increased spoke tension on the disc side is a disadvantage of asymmetrically dished wheels.

Broken Hub

Or tumbling off an embankment and landing on your wheel !