Post Your 36er Here

Machined sidewall

I think the green and black dominator 2 rims are equivalent EXCEPT for the machined sidewalls on the black rim. The greenies are powder coated on the sidewall too, which would be an issue only if you are using a rim brake.

And even then, not a huge issue. Yes, itā€™s better to have a machined sidewall, but it shouldnā€™t completely deter a person from buying one.

I think the main reason you donā€™t see people buying them is because of the color. Neon green is a bit too much for some I guess. Personally, if ever get a Nightfox, Iā€™ll be asking for a green rim.

Because as a guy riding a gigantic unicycle down the road, being seen is something you want to avoid :wink: I totally agree with you, those bright green rims look awesome!

I personally am a fan of the bright colored rims, but I know that some donā€™t care for them. I agree that bright colors are a great way to increase your visibility while riding, so theyā€™re a good idea from that viewpoint.

Hey all, thanks for your comments on bright green rims thus far!

I am still wishing for the 36 tire to come in colors, too!

Oooh! Pick me, pick me!

As soon as I can (more easily) buy a 32" wheelset, Iā€™m getting a 32ā€¦

Iā€™m not that keen on coloured tyres - they donā€™t seem to handle as well. Theyā€™re usually not as sticky either, but thatā€™s a good thing on the road.

Hoping Roger will chime in about the seat adjustabilityā€¦

So looking closer at the Nightfox on UDC, it does indeed look like the seat isnā€™t adjustable. Is this true? Not sure if Iā€™m missing something, but itā€™d seem like that could be one downside to this frame.

Also, it looks like the rear section of the Shadow base has been capped off. This to me, is kind of unfortunate, as I have a bag that hangs off of my rear ā€˜handleā€™ section.

This uni looks pretty awesome, and may be part of my next 36er build next year, these are just a couple things that I found kind of odd.

You missed this:

http://www.unicycle.com/catalog/product/gallery/id/3335/image/8051/

The whole point is to get the seat as close to the wheel as possible, so they canā€™t use a seat tube.

Iā€™m excited about this unicycle! My kids will be able to grow into it pretty soonā€¦

btw, Kiefer, Iā€™m loving the 29er.

I just with the seat could still slide forward and back. I like my seat as far back as possible, but have seen plenty of people with their seats as far forward as theyā€™ll go.

Glad to hear youā€™re liking the 29er.

Hereā€™s a picture of me and my recently bought Nimbus Nightfox 36er! I bought this unicycle since I was totally enamored by the unique frame. I happened to run into my local bike store owner who has repaired my unicycles many times. Rode 26 miles this ride! What a great day!

So how awesome is it? Is the seat adjustable at all?

The unicycle is awesome! I love the frame and itā€™s ability to suit larger wheels. I think that it will definitely be the start of a new ā€œBIGGER WHEELā€ trend; however, the seat is not adjustable. So, this is definitely a drawback which should be reconsidered when modifying the design. But overall, I love the uni, and will continue to put endless amounts of miles on it! :):):):slight_smile:

Starwars

I am working on my next incarnation of a custom 36. Amongst other things, I have modified the Stealth2 rim to closer fit the inspiration for my customisation - that is based on the Naboo Royal Starship (pic)

It is a work in progress that I will post later but I thought I would submit pics of the wheel rim for interest sake. The pics should show how different it is from the original as it has been somewhat reprofiled and of course it is shiny. Maybe this has been done before though?

naboo-royal-starship.jpg

wheel3.jpg

SHINY SHINY SHINY!!!.. you have given me ideasā€¦

Do tell!!

are you going with a polished alu frame or a metallic powdercoatā€¦ I was salivating at the idea of a dark red metallic powdercoat on the frame to go with itā€¦

My 36ers rim is powdercoated and from previous owners the old rim brakes have started to peel the (not very good tbh) coat offā€¦ i dont have the rim brakes anymore anyway - too grabby. I was thinking about ditching the coat and polishing it up.

now to find out how to either get an extra wide 48h isis hub or to lace a 36 spoke hub into a 48 spoke rim to go on this

DSCF1073 copy 2.JPG

Sounds niceā€¦ but in the case of Padmeā€™s starship its gotta be all polished (pics)

Yup, the ā€˜spiderā€™ frame would look impressive in base material, but is it aluminium or steel?

frame1.jpg

frame3.jpg

uni1-(3).jpg

its a steel frame so i would have to powdercoat it (i already have a chrome uni and dont want a second)

also would give me a chance to get a disc tab put on it :stuck_out_tongue:

only minor issue with the frame (aside from its general boat anchourness) is it has 40mm housings meaning bearing kitsā€¦

In that case your idea of polishing the rim against a metallic paint job on the frame sounds awesome. The other mods should be straightforward. Go for it! However I would be keen to know where the source of inspiration comes from. Maybe a colour scheme from a Porsche in Fast and Furious :wink: