Post Your 36er Here

Hi Alvaro! Are you in the spanish forum @monociclos.com? Nice 36"!

This is not mine but I saw it on twitter and it is very pretty. Does it belong to anyone on here?

(sorry for the cross post with the review forum but there does not seem to be much traffic there).

AkiOZwqCIAEPSrK.jpg

looking good!
looks like the old telford frame but much nicer!

Very pretty yes, but I cannot imagine how one would ride a 36er with a bike seat without a handle. I rode 36er with a bike saddle for a while, but I had a large handle that would get me more into a cycling position (since that is the position the bike saddles are designed for) and so that I could take some of the pressure off my bum.

This is more a video of Manly, Sydney, but it’s taken from a KH36 with 125mm cranks.

QUIT BUMPING this thread. every time you do so i really want a 36er!

KH 36er
114mm quax cranks
T-handle w.profile aerobars
Custom homemade Auxiliary T-handle support
Nightrider tire
Wireless cateye

36beach2.jpg

36beach3.jpg

36beach1.jpg

that look like ALOT of fun!

36" ISIS Qu-ax. (all the way from the UK)

Upgrades:
-Freeride seat
-Metal pedals
-Smiley face value cap

IMGP0002.jpg

Does anyone powder coat their rim?

Are there any pros or cons to it?

Until they make a 36" tire in colors, its one of the few ways to add MORE color.

I have red metal pedals and a red dice air nozzle top, [along with red stripes on the saddle like pictured in the previous post], so I’ve got a theme going on.

I did. No cons but I don’t run a brake so no need for a braking surface. Pro - rim now matches hub.

I WILL get a 36er some day! what does everyone think about the impulse!

36er…

Hi all,

My Schlumpf hub went on a little holiday to a health resort in Switzerland for a few months, but returned in much better health! It has now taken up residence in my 36er, which has had an upgrade to a Triton 36er frame, stealth2 rim (which is a BIG improvement over the Stealth1) and a KH slim saddle. So far the setup feels really nice. Haven’t bothered to put the magura back on yet, and most of the riding around here is very flat. That said, I might end up upgrading to a disc in the near future…

Cheers,

Dmac

IMGP1622.jpg

Make me an offer on my Impulse but you’ve got to give it back when my kids grow big enough to ride it.:smiley: We could save on shipping with a MUni meet up in Somerset (1/2 of the 4 hours between us). I can’t find my review of the Impluse but, since you asked, it was a pretty good update to the Nightrider. The Shadow Handlebar (see my other review. i own two now) is nice as is the disc brake. It’s probably a good thing that I learned how to use a brake on that smooth disc. But, to be honest, I can hardly tell the difference (other than by ear. they squeak different) in the Magura rim brakes on KING here in the hills and these old knees can often use the break. The big advantage of the disc is your wheel does not need to be as true. They are low maintenance then again so are maguras.

I hope mine does not need to go to the SSHS (Swiss Schlumpf Health Spa) any time soon. I like your frame. Put the magura back on (leaving the precious hub out the braking equation) it looks naked without it. My geared KH36 has the stealth2 rim (and a KH slim saddle atop a shadow handlebar). I feel like I might have paid an early adopters tax with the drilled Stealth1 rim on my first run (actually it’s a recall replacement) Impulse but they were going for “the most lightweight 36er on the market” and now with the FOSS tube and rumors of a lightweight option to the Nightrider tires my Impulse can be pretty darn light and fun as shit to ride in the 110mm hole. :astonished: KING is a heavyweight and I must use long (I like your fixed 150? moment cranks. That is as short as I want geared up. My 150/125 double holes were a mistake due to possible insert slippage which is something Kris is eliminating in his next series) cranks.

I got a Nightrider Pro April 2010 and it came with a white powder coated rim. The braking surface was sanded to bare metal. The frame is powder coated seafoam green. It came with an older blue Kris Holm fusion street saddle. It has the dome nuts and gel padding. I think it was old stock. I like the color combination.
It has been my commuter cycle until two weeks ago.
I got a Schlumpf hub last March, built the wheel in April, and it broke May 1st. It was sent to the SSHS on May 5th and returned home three weeks ago. A nine month retreat.
The Nightrider has been very reliable. I put 1200 miles on it last year and about 200 this year. In 2010 I only put about 100 miles on it.

This is my Nimbus Impulse.

Here is a close up of the disc brake. A thing of beauty, isn’t it?

Here is the rim. The first run Impulse used a drilled Stealth1 rim to obtain it’s title as “the lightest weight 36er on the market”.

Here is why I named her Luigi. More detail on the Impulse is available in the review thread.

This is my Silva Cycles 36" KrisHolm/Schlumpf GUni. I call him King.

Here is a close-up of the business end (brake lever way out on the end) of the handle.

and zoomed out a little you can see the light is a GeoManGear MagicShine. The brick is the light’s battery.

here is a close up of the Schlumpf hub

Here is the new Stealth2 rim

and finally, here they are side-by-side

David,
Those are some nice looking uni’s. It looks like your crank setups are the same as mine. When my Schlumpf broke last year I used the 110 hole on the Nimbus. I switched one week before the Chilly Hilly ride. At the time I had 137/165 cranks. My 125/150’s came in a week after the Chilly Hilly. They were on sale at UDC for $63.00.
I still don’t know if I will sell my Nimbus. I was thinking of building a standard 36er wheel with a disc brake hub for the Kris Holm frame. If I do that I would sell the Nimbus.

David, you have some very cool rides!:slight_smile:

Here is my Coker Big One:

-Nimbus Venture 2’s 114mm cranks
-Animal Hamilton Purple PC pedals
-XLR ribbed tire
-X-blade fender
-KH fusion freeride seat
-Blackburn cycle computer
-V Brake
-Custom handlebar made from a pi bar and razor scooter

The handlebar is awesome, it can extend super far, and lets me get in a nice and low riding position.

DSCF0760.jpg

DSCF0762.jpg

Got Milk? :slight_smile:

DSC02391.JPG

Now that I have mastered the shifting technique in the 150 hole, I really want a pair of fixed 137s (my favorite size {and I have tried them all} for compromise) on my geared 36er. Then I would not need to ride so much on my toes to be able to reach the button with my size 10 shoes.

Wow, the handlebar on your Coker does extend super far out almost like riding Turtle’s V-frame. Sweet looking ride!

Rather than load this thread with more oversized pictures (sorry about that) I have created a new album with detailed specifications of all my equipment (everyone should do this!) because, the more people know about what and where you ride, the better prepared they are to answer your questions) if anyone is interested.