Post Your 36er Here

Yes,  Goudurix in Canada.

heres my 36er in its current form, looking into fitting a rear bag on it at some point, maybe a carradice sqr tour bag (i think i have enough seatpost)

Good day to everybody!

I found my 36er a way too heavy… Could you please advice the best way to reduce weight?
Now it is stock QuAx Luxus 36er w/Nimbus DX Aluminium pedals, KH Fusion Freeride seat, KH T-Bar, Magura rim brakes and wireless computer. Total weight is 10 kg.

Will it be reasonable to go for lighter pedals, tire (night rider) and foss tube?

Now it is feels more like truck then uni… I am going to put some long distances under this wheel.

The wheel seems to be the best place to loose weight on any 36er from what i have read. Between a foss tube and a new tire you can save >1/2kg from the area that you feel the weight of most.

I am thinking of putting a foss tube in mine at some point but am not going to change the tyre until that wears out.

I’ve been running a TA for almost 4 years and about 5000km and still no problems at all so yeah, it really is durable. It’s quite terrible for muni however, I’m upgrading to a nightrider or to the new lighter tyre if I’m able to get one of those somehow. But for road riding I can strongly recommend the TA, it’s really nice and at least I haven’t had any problems with its weight.

My UDC Titan. I got the frame powder coated and added Nimbus venture alloy cranks, Nimbus alloy saddle post, KH saddle, KH T-Bar, eclat orange pedals, and sunlite MX brake kit.

Andre

Best bet: Sell it and buy a KH 36 or an Oracle 36.

Any money you put into the QuAx will be wasted, the frame and wheel are heavy by design. Buy a complete uni with the parts you want.

Biggest noticeable weight loss would be in the tire and tube as that is rotational weight. Foss tube and the Todd tire or a Nightrider shaved.

Seat, brake, and T bar are as light as you can get within reason.

Cranks and pedals, try the Nimbus Ventures and some lighter pedals like the Nuke Proof Electrons (300gm)

I can not sell it within my country (not talking about city). So this option pending till I crack this beast on halfs :slight_smile:
I will try to replace tire with tube and pedals… Or I will ride what I have. Still in doubt…
Edited: thank you very much anyway :slight_smile:

Coker with RaceFace Crank Set

I just bought a used Coker, but the cranks were toast. The only cotterless parts in my bin, was this set of 175s. Why not? I didn’t even bother removing the chain ring, as this was no beauty contest. I mounted up and rode happily into the setting sun. 125s and 150’s in the mail already. :slight_smile:

Looks good, I wouldn’t want to hit my shin on the chain ring though. Ouch!

Hi HudsonAktau,

by changing the pedals to Wellgo Magnesium for example you can save over 100g (rotating mass, small radius but off center) and by changing the tube you can save about 380g (rotating mass, big radius).
This will be a significant change and maybe worth trying. Don’t know anything about the weight of the tire and what a nightrider would save, even hundred gramms and you end up with more than half a kilo less weight in total.
The remaining Qu-Ax parts are good and will probably last you a long time.

Greetings

Byc

The Quax frame is aluminium and not at all heavy. The only difference in the wheel is that it’s 48 spokes- any extra weight from those pales in comparison to weight savings gained from using a lighter tyre/wheel.

I planning to replace pedals with ConTec Pedals which weights 245 grams.
Tire weight feels like more like 4-4,5 kg, heavy like hell :angry:
My thoughts are like yours. So first things to replace are tire, tube and pedals.

My frame is made of steel :slight_smile: but not very heavy by feelings. Unfortunately I can not remove some spokes.

That’s what I figured.

Tube and tire changes will make the most difference, a Foss tube is an easy fix, a Nightrider is still quite heavy (1800-2000gm), so how about getting a Todd tire?

You could also try tubeless, that’s what I run and it’s the lightest way to go.

Your wheel is quite heavy, as is your frame, so it’d be better to wait until you can buy a complete than to upgrade those components.

Here is one problem about tire - how those nightrider or todd tires are resisting punctures? We have a lots and lots of Tribulus terrestris here and this is really a problem. Its looks like I may need to install antipuncture tape which weights other 450 grams…

I can buy new 36 right now but have no idea what to do with this one… :thinking:

Here it is. Oldie but goldie:):slight_smile:

My “new” 36’r

I drove down to OC today and bought this Coker from Munivision. (Great deal, thanks a lot, Jim!) It’s my birthday this week, so it’s my b-day present to myself. A real different riding experience than the 26" I’ve been riding. Can’t free-mount it yet, but I’ll work on it. Cool stuff! (I wouldn’t have considered it if not for the encouraging posts on this forum – thanx guys!)

wrap your cable housing around the frame a few times so you dont catch it one your foot :wink:

My new KH36

Just put the maiden voyage on my new KH36, 30 miles with Terry (Unigeezer)
This is amazing, light and stiff. The disc brake works beautifully. Here’s the build:

KH 36 Frame, Wheel with Stealth 2 rim,
Nightrider tire
110/127 spirit cranks, stock pedals(for now)
Shimano XTR hydraulic disc
Avid 160mm rotor
Thomson seatpost
Scott Wallis carbon base, my own foam and cover
Custom aluminum tour bar

Nice custom handlebars!
What kind of foam and fabric did you use for the saddle?