Post Your 36er Here

Here is one problem about tire - how those nightrider or todd tires are resisting punctures? We have a lots and lots of Tribulus terrestris here and this is really a problem. Its looks like I may need to install antipuncture tape which weights other 450 grams…

I can buy new 36 right now but have no idea what to do with this one… :thinking:

Here it is. Oldie but goldie:):slight_smile:

My “new” 36’r

I drove down to OC today and bought this Coker from Munivision. (Great deal, thanks a lot, Jim!) It’s my birthday this week, so it’s my b-day present to myself. A real different riding experience than the 26" I’ve been riding. Can’t free-mount it yet, but I’ll work on it. Cool stuff! (I wouldn’t have considered it if not for the encouraging posts on this forum – thanx guys!)

wrap your cable housing around the frame a few times so you dont catch it one your foot :wink:

My new KH36

Just put the maiden voyage on my new KH36, 30 miles with Terry (Unigeezer)
This is amazing, light and stiff. The disc brake works beautifully. Here’s the build:

KH 36 Frame, Wheel with Stealth 2 rim,
Nightrider tire
110/127 spirit cranks, stock pedals(for now)
Shimano XTR hydraulic disc
Avid 160mm rotor
Thomson seatpost
Scott Wallis carbon base, my own foam and cover
Custom aluminum tour bar

Nice custom handlebars!
What kind of foam and fabric did you use for the saddle?

Here’s how Jim (Munivision) made his http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68474&highlight=saddle

Fix

Thanks to Tony Melton, Steve and Peter from Unicycle.co.nz I have a unicycle which fits my transport requirements and makes me very happy.
Thanks also to Peter Barrell for providing the Flatfish NNC seat.

KH 36 Frame anodised green
Nimbus Stealth 2 rim
Nimbus Nightrider 36" tire
Foss 36" clear innertube
Kris Holm Spirit Double Hole 110mm/137mm cranks
Odyssey Twisted PC pedals
Bengal Helix 5 Hydraulic disk brake with 180mm rotor
Thomson Masterpiece seatpost with KH adjustable seatpost top piece
Flatfish NNC seat base with KH Fusion Slim hardware
KH T-Bar Touring Handle anodised green

1 Like

Thanks, Terry.

I LOVE the anodized green. Did UDC NZ do that for you?

And schlumpf hub, can’t forget that.

Beautiful ride! Just awesome, but how much does it weigh? Cheers.

Is your T-Bar mounted on the seat backward?

Me too! Yes they did, I got two frames done. I was surprised at how good they came out, I specified forest green. The guys at unicycle.co.nz provide an excellent service!

I was standing behind you envying your winning green machine at Unicon XV- it partly inspired me to make mine green. If anyone is getting theirs anodised use paint stripper rather than sandblasting to get into the crevices easier. I recycled my green pedals from the photo.

No, I have it sticking out the front, with the adjustment bolt facing the right. It is designed to be able to be mounted either way, but I preferred it this way after trying it both ways on another seat. I hated having the bolt on the left even though I rarely adjust it- it feels wrong.

world’s first 36er

I’ve got this machine on loan from the Hanson family – arguably the first 36" unicycle ever made. Guy Hanson worked for Coker, built this thing, pitched the unicycle idea to Coker… they said “not interested” and then, voila, a while later the rest is history. At least that’s how he tells it.

This was designed so his children, who were short at the time, could put the seat right over the wheel.

Heavy, clunky, loose, wobbly, fun!

Wow, what an awesome, historical uni!

Sweet!

16lbs 10oz. Don’t know what that is in stones!

So, maybe this would be a good thread to post this question in:

I’m thinking of trying some longer rides this summer on my Titan. I have a shadow handle set (with both bars, front and back) and I’m looking for luggage options. I had originally planned to incorporate the rear bar in someway, using a handlebar pack, seat pack, frame pack, or even panniers (maybe?).

So what do some of you guys use? Would like to be able to carry a lunch, tools, camera, tarp, etc.

Just kicking around ideas…

Interesting! You did wonders shedding weight on that seat.