Post a picture of your unicycle(s)

Cleaned and serviced the MUni for a cycle packing trip this weekend

8 Likes

Looks like a ā€œfunā€ one, as itā€™s written on the frame. Do you know where your friend bought this unicycle?

Seems like he mentioned old German man who was returning to his motherland

It is hard for me to make a meaningful connection between cleaned and Muni in my mind. :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, wtf, we are supposed to clean our unicycles now? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

My Lady and my unicycles from Right to Left :-)!!!

-Impact 19" Gravity

-Nimbus 24" Mountain

-Impact 19" Athmos

-Impact 20" Sylph

• Club 24"

-M Pilot 20ā€

-27.5 Mountain Bike Fork with a 20ā€ Bmx wheel, Pegs and Bmx Handlebars

:hugs::hugs::hugs::metal::metal::metal:

6 Likes

Quick question, why does your Nimbus II look like a purple Club? It has a Club sticker.

Other than that, the 24ā€ muni tyre looks so much bigger than the others.

Update, youā€™ve updated the description so the first line comment above is not needed any longer! I like the club unis though. Quality uni on a budget. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My bad I put the frame name instead of the full build name :hugs: I got it used and was not sure if it was the exact club 24ā€!!! I am not sure why the Nimbus 24ā€ Mountainā€™s wheel looks so big, my only thought is the camera might have slightly distorted it!

1 Like

Are Club unicycles a better than a Torker to learn on?

Probably much of a muchness. I donā€™t own a Torker so I canā€™t say with any real riding experience about the different models of Torkers. One young guy in my club has one for uni hockey and it seemed perfectly fine though.

I think the Torker LX model is similar quality to the Club brand. The CX was worse.

But Torker was sold to, or merged with, the company that also owns the Diamondback and Raleigh brands. So the Torker name was discontinued but the unicycle lived on as Diamondback/Raleigh LX. And now I think the Raleigh name got discontinued, but the Diamondback LX lives on!

And there are still lots of used ones running around with all three names.

1 Like

Either one is going to fine to learn on. Once you learn, you will decide if you like them and if you want another unicycle (if you get the bug, unicycles are like tatoos. One is apparently never enough.) Soon enough, when someone asks you, ā€œHow many unicycles do you own?ā€, and you look up at the ceiling and start ticking them off on your fingers, you will know. You caught the bug.

After looking at this thread, it is pretty obvious that there are two flavors of UAS. The first for me was Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome. Now, I think I may have caught Unicycle Acquisition Syndrome. I am already looking at unicycles on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist (and here) and seeing a lot of things I likeā€¦ Like a sweet Kris Holm 36" in near-new shapeā€¦for $500. WANT!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s one thing Iā€™m really proud of:
When I count my unis, I only need one hand (when removing my very first, but I kind of gzve it to my sister)

2 Likes

It is impossible to use only one hand. I sold yesterday a valuable 27.5" qx with disc brake, and now I own 6. The only way to use one hand counting them is to trash the 12"! Are there anyone so brave to trash a unicycle, even a useless 12" one?!? I donā€™t think so.

I store on my phone photos of all the unis that I sold and sometimes I still do look at them as lost friends

1 Like

My QX Q-Axle 27.5 PLUS from which I replaced the seat and pedals (I donā€™t have other unis anymore):

Still the same as beforeā€¦ But I replaced the tire with a brand new one today.

And I love this uni. The wheel size and this particular tire make it very satisfying to ride in town.

The KH Fusion Freeride seat is very comfy for short rides and muni, but quickly becomes literally a pain in the ass as soon as you want to ride some kilometers on flat groundā€¦

Also, the right bearings need some cleaning (I hope itā€™s nothing serious). They donā€™t roll well and make noise.

4 Likes

:flushed:

Heresy!!! Ban this user immediately! ā€¦ Oh ā€¦ wait it is you! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Nice uni by the way and a great size! if you are gonna have just one

My uni story:

• 20" Only One (thatā€™s the brand) for beginner
  • 29" heavy off-road (steel frame) QU-AX
  • 24" Muni KH with brake
  • Traded my 20" for inline skates with a friend (I learned her how to unicycle and she learned me how to inline skate)
  • Sold my 29"
  • QX Q-Axle 27.5" PLUS
    24" custom freewheel; I bought each part separately and assembled it myself
  • Sold my 24" custom freewheel
  • Donated my 24" KH

Yeah, thatā€™s my favorite size so far for the way I ride (quick town rides, a bit of off-road).

The custom 24" freewheel I sold 2 years ago:

Now owned by @Aurelien

3 Likes

So Aurelien has at least two very nice unicycles then :wink:

(Still envious of that unusual frame!)

1 Like