Post a picture of your unicycle(s)

He posted a picture on Facebook with several different configurations last year. One of them was a symmetrical one with both sides angled. I’m sure if you contact him, he can do it.

1 Like

29"x 2,3" , 26"x1"on 622mm rim , 24"x 2,3"
One frame - many wheels project.

3 Likes

Ah, your’re unsing Wellgo QRD Pedals.

Correct. I swap pedals too, between two of wheels.

2 Likes

U have to adjust two telescoping post on the fork/frame.
its takes kinda a long time but means shorter people can ride

16 posts were split to a new topic: Folding / take down / traveling wheels

One big happy family.

15 Likes

Nothing fancy but I’m so happy with this lot.
Left to right
Aldi 20” found on council clean up day, upgraded steel cranks and 400mm steel seat post from UDC Aust. Aldi seat bolt pattern doesn’t match standard 4 bolt seat post. Made a adaptor plate. Beach riding.
24” trainer, recent addition, for dog walking and 10min idling/backward “flow” riding sessions during work-from-home breaks in courtyard (full width shown in photo)
KH29 for short rides, hill climbing run to shops to get milk (3x2litre) and eggs, future MUni.
KH36 for eventual commuting to work and Cycle ride events. Never thought I would ever get a 36” uni.

8 Likes

With my help you’ve doubled your unicycle population! :slight_smile:

Thanks Linda,
I couldn’t have got a KH36 at the normal price brand new. I’ve been out on it doing laps of the local park. I read that you enter cycling events such as The gong. I aiming to do those type of events on the KH36. Hopefully this year. Cheers

1 Like

I did the 58km Gong ride in 2019. It was 18 months of planning and practice. Quite doable but a hard ride made more tricky being surrounded by 10,000 bikes. 2 x 36" riders did the 82km route that year too, both experienced uni-packers. We even made it into the promo video (0:03 and 1:46). If you choose to use a 36", you will need to handle the hills and be able to manoeuvre around the traffic, not easy, which is why i used a 29". The Gong ride is worthy goal for any distance rider. Do it!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7o3ouek-krs

https://www.strava.com/activities/2836724532

Theres also something called the mailrun at Singleton, @BruceC and I did it last year. Good fun!! Choice of distances, and don’t worry about being slow at all. The 100km bike riders take a few hours to come in

4 Likes

And don’t miss the Spring Cycle Challenge.

Your only chance to ride right down the middle of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Lots of fun and only 10km. There are 50km and 100km routes as well.

4 Likes

Brilliant!
Thanks Bruce & Linda,

Great photos! and good to know the details of the respective cycling events

I remember cycling “the gong” on a b*ke about 10 years ago. Yes, I remember the big hills. Definitely a long term goal to do it. 29” first time, as you said.
Those other events look good too.
Cheers

I had a few out of the shed today, so I got a few more together for a picture.

This is about ⅓ of my collection, but covers the most interesting. The rest is mostly 12-24" trainers and Club Freestyles for my unicycle club, as well as some old Pashleys and similar.

10 Likes

Not jealous, not jealous, not jealous…

2 Likes

Chuffed with my finally complete Triton 29” and working magura brakes - and the fact I built this wheel myself :muscle:

The Minion DHR II feels like a great tyre too and this is now I feel making the best use of the Triton frame.

12 Likes

Looks cool ! Are you this guy who ordered Tensile brake holders from me?

1 Like

Hey - yes, I’m Felix. Thanks so much for the sale. Without those mounts I’d have been stuck.
And Swiss post is amazingly fast and pain free :pray:

1 Like

Good to know it worked. I wish you a lot of fun with it )----O

1 Like