Post a picture of your unicycle(s)

I find flowy trails kind of fun. You get to spin at maximum cadence while doing sweeping turns. It’s good on winding single track. Not so much when the trail becomes a road.

Flow trails can be fun for me, especially if they have relatively tight banked turns and small whoops to get some air. Not taking much risk while pedaling fast can be great. If they are built too “big” and fast, they quickly turn boring on a unicycle.
In a bikepark, I’ll usually ride a flowtrail as a warmup, or when I’m getting tired and don’t want to risk injury. But if I have to choose between one or the other, it will be the more technical trails 95% of the time.

Sorry, that was my mistake. I mean “Flow Trail”.

7 Likes

Looks Fabulous

New 36er wheel arrived today and I finally got it all fully set up in a NightRider frame bought during a UDC UK clearance sale a few years back.

This is part of 3 x 36er wheel based project. This. A road G36er and getting the donor penny farthing 36er road worthy and working.

I’ll create a project post when this starts happening for real.

But I built this unicycle as my fixed 36er to free up my KH36’s frame for the GUni.

Specs:
Nimbus NightRider Frame
KH T-Bar
Latest KH Fusion Freeride (using older green cover)
Green Dominator 2 36” Rim
Nimbus Disc Hub - 125mm Steel
KH Spirits Cranks - 137/117s Non-Disc
Nightrider Lite Tyre
Shimano Disc Brake - 180 rotor
d’Brake Mount
Bright Green Nimbus Double-Bolt Clamp
Dark Green Tioga Surefoot Slim Pedals

Going for maiden voyage tomorrow! :grinning:

9 Likes

She’s a beauty!

1 Like

Time for a group shot of my Munis (36"/29"/27.5")

Weights are 6,51kg/6,12kg/5,34kg

Cranks are 150mm/137mm/127mm to keep similar gain ratio.

The newcomer that I built a few days ago is the KH29 with the 29x3.0" Bontrager XR4 on a Spank OOZY Trail 395+ rim (35mm inner width). The handlebar is an asymmetric Flansberrium Mini T-Bar by @jaco_flans that I really like so far.

I will obviously keep tweaking them as that is just part of the fun. But I will also strive to keep them feel different which I think is especially important for the 27.5" and 29" as the difference in rim diameter is just 38mm…

14 Likes

Sweet trio!

Nice and clean buid. Can you please post a review on this tire when you have an opinion on it?

Nice wheels!

Which is your favourite, and which do you find yourself using the most?

I have built a single blade unicycle just because i could.

23 Likes

That is super cool!

I’d love to see more details about how you built it.

2 Likes

I guess you don’t want to read a rather long and boring story of the building process.
Instead here is a schematic picture of this build.
Processing: sbu.svg…

Blue is the “frame”.
Green ist the hub.
Red ist he axle (joined by screws to the hub).
frame and hub are made of aluminium (four parts joined together with loctite)
the axle is taken from a qu-ax hub and an aluminium part (disc), joined together with loctite

5 Likes

Well I guess that makes changing the tyre a lot easier! :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe the only advantage besides the look…

3 Likes

What more reason could you need? :wink:
:rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Well I like the look too. I guess the real question is… How confident do you feel in the strength of this setup? :thinking:

To be honest: not so much.
I rode several times to the soccer field (about 1 mile).
Then it felt a little bit wobbly so I added two shims to reduce the play.
I wouldn’t do trials with it (which can’t do anyway).

2 Likes

Well it still looks awesome. so great work anyway!