Post a picture of your Schlumpf(s)

That was tricky. I didn’t have the tools myself. So I had to find people who had them. Then, we found out that the rotor was really sturdy. It took us a long time and lots of effort to get the section off. Maybe we hadn’t the exactly right tools, not sure.
Once we had the section off, I haven’t paid attention to the irregularities of the rotor, where we had drilled it. And I hadn’t any tools to fix that. So I have used my 2 rotors that were not sitting flat for a while. Until I got a Dremel a month ago!

1 Like

Well I will have to tackle that problem when I get there :star_struck:
(Probably just have to get a Dremel!)

I have got to say the BrakeFast is so amazingly machined. It’s stunning too in anodised black.

Just wow. I can feel this will be a seriously fun upgrade project :gear:

3 Likes

A “BrakeFasted” Schlumpf is like a whole new hub. It’s way better than a “simple” Schlumpf hub. You’ll discover a whole new world with that upgrade! :grin:

2 Likes

Given that I’m seeing other people’s hubs arriving and that builds are going pretty fast it seems, wanted to give this thread a cheeky wee plug/bump :sweat_smile::gear:

(In other words, I’m eager to see what people create!!)

2 Likes

Allright I’ve had a disc on my hub for years, probably the first ever on a schlumph. Also it’s on my old square taper so it is a great ride with a well modulated brake. Original 29er.

5 Likes

Flansberrium G24

• Frame: Flansberrium 24” Aluminium - with custom “1:1” (L) and “1:1.5” (R) machine engravings on fork legs
  • Hub: Schlumpf 2022 Disc M1240 36h (Fixed Drive)
  • Rim: Kris Holm Freeride 47mm (oval cutouts) - Blue Strip
  • Spokes: Sapim CX Rays (Sliver)
  • Nipples: Sapim Alu (Blue)
  • Brake: Hope Tech3 E4 (Blue)
  • Brake Mount: Hope Silver B
  • Rotor: 203
  • Tyre: Maxxis High Roller 24x2.7”
  • Inner Tube: Standard 24x3”
  • Valve Cap: Oil-slick Hexagonal
  • Saddle: Mad4One HandleSaddle - Medium (Blue/Dark Blue)
  • Seatpost: Mad4One 27.4 (Black)
  • Clamp: Mad4One 3-Bolt (Blue)
  • Cranks: Kris Holm Spirits 127/150
  • Pedals: One-Up Aluminium Flat Pedals (Oil-slick)

Don’t want to swamp this place with photos but there are more on instagram “mindbalance.cc” :heart::gear:

I’m so amazed this has all finally come together and made for a stunning little geared 24” wheel.

Thanks of course goes to Florian and @jaco_flans for the core hardware - but also to all those that helped me resolve puzzlements over the (many) posts I’ve shared this last year :pray:

13 Likes

Flansberrium G29

• Frame: Flansberrium 29” Aluminium - with custom “1:1” (L) and “1:1.5” (R) machine engravings on fork legs
  • Hub: Schlumpf 2022 Disc M1299 36h (Fixed Drive)
  • Rim: LightBicycle AM935 Carbon Fibre Rim (Gold Accents)
  • Spokes: Sapim CX Rays (Sliver)
  • Nipples: Sapim Double-Square (Gold)
  • Brake: Hope Tech3 E4 (Silver)
  • Brake Mount: Hope Silver B
  • Rotor: 203
  • Tyre: Maxxis Recon+ 29x2.8”
  • Inner Tube: Tubeless - Sealant: Peatys
  • Valve: Reserve Fillmore (Tubeless)
  • Saddle: Mad4One HandleSaddle - Medium (Black)
  • Seatpost: Mad4One 27.4 (Gold)
  • Clamp: Mad4One 3-Bolt (Gold)
  • Cranks: Kris Holm Spirits 127/150
  • Pedals: Hope F20 Pedals (Gold)

As with the previous post, thanks goes to the same people who were core to bringing this to life!

Words fail me on this one as it has built up better than I had imagined. And I’d been picturing it is high definition for a good year or so :smile::heart::gear:

20 Likes

Wow they are both so beautiful! They need to just go on display in a case and never be ridden! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks!… Yeah - thats the aim here (not) - but they do certainly make nice decorations round the house when not being ridden.

I’ve sometimes been asked when pushing a unicycle around: “Can you ride that?” - and if I’ve been in impish mood I’ve said: “Nah, I just like pushing them around :wink:

5 Likes

Nice builds!

In both build lists, you specified everything but the crank length :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks!!

Don’t know how I forgot that item. Fixed (both are KH 127/150s) :pray::grinning:

2 Likes

They both look amazing and you must be well pleased with them. Ive not really followed this thread as schlumpf is not a target for me, Im guessing the build of these has taken a while?

1 Like

Thanks so much. I’m still pinching myself that they’re actually here and in-spite of some issues getting them set up I am very pleased how they turned out.

Started picturing these back in January 2022 when we learned that new hubs were coming. So yes they’ve been a long time in the grand scheme of things. I’ve never planned a unicycle build or project that took 1+ year and this is my first time going full custom with frame and wheel builds and all the other aspects.

But now the riding and using them starts and the serious challenges of riding high geared wheels shifts into a new space.

I want my skills at riding to always be greater than my skills at buying/assembling wheels. I confess to enjoying the latter but it (I feel) should always help develop the former - and one ideally doesn’t built unicycles just for their own sake.

1 Like

Also I love your video on your builds! I love seeing other people nerd out about their unis. I hope they rode as nice as they look. As fellow person with expensive taste that should not be trusted with grown up money, high end unis are the best!

3 Likes

• Frame: Mad4One M (Gold)
  • Hub: Schlumpf 2022 Disc M1280 36h (Fixed Drive)
  • Rim: Light Bicycle EN933 matte 3K
  • Brake: Magura MT5
  • Rotor: 180mm (+ 3x M4 1mm washers + M4x14mm torx screws)
  • Tyre: Vittoria Mezcal 29x2.35
  • Saddle: Mad4One Handle Saddle L + ISM PS 1.1
  • Cranks: Nimbus Venture 138mm
  • Pedals: DMR v11
14 Likes

I like the solution with the Mad4one handle saddle and the noselees ism, but @canapin is there an option to dislike everything else on this post at this forum software?

Such a nice build up there Martin.

You were braver than me with the 138 cranks - and I really do one day need to try as tyre as narrow as that too. It looks super fast rolling.

Glad you got your brake up and running too in spite of the issues :muscle::gear:

2 Likes

This is awesome!!!

1 Like

Nah :stuck_out_tongue:
Because:

2 Likes

But there has to be discussions and, it `s not always peace and happinees