Portland Oregon Unicycle Social

It’s happening right NOW!!!

Alright! that was fun, I hope everyone who came had a good time too. I will hopefully do this again next year with a little more planning, and a name that isn’t abbreviated PUS because it just sounds gross hahaha. We didn’t end up making it to the skatepark on saturday as planned but me, Phil, Jerrick, and Jackie went sunday to check it out… Pele, you would have loved it.

We’ve got at least an hour and a half of footage on my camera, maybe 4 hours of something on Phil_on_uni’s camera, I dunno how much footage we have on Catinabag1’s camera but we should be getting it all uploaded to our computers sometime in the next few weeks and sent up to Jerrick for editing. Hopefully we’ll be able to get some pictures from a guy with a super awesome camera that was at the zoo on saturday, I think Jackie has his email so maybe we’ll get that from him soon and upload them here, I’m not sure how long it will take to get anything up from this weekend though.

I still think Phil’s mom is hot.

Ah yeah. That was pretty awesome. If only i could make it to the skatepark with you guys:(

Hurry up with the footage! Hah I wanna see it.

Yeah, next time im making sure you go to the park. So many lines there for unicyclists.

It was funny, 4 skater show up in their car, radio all loud, and im kinda excited, cause I like riding with skaters, but they see us, sit down, and start making fun of us a little, then Jackie does a 180 drop from a 5ft wall, and they shut up quick. After a few grinds and sets they ended up leaving, and didnt ride at all. haha.

Two bikers showed up and they were cool and we rode with them and hung out.

Im converting 2gigs of Phils video right now, and I get another 2gigs from the other Phil, then 18gigs from Madisons camera. Then ill be staying up till 6am each night working the video.

Anyways, the trip was fun, and wasnt bad for a first event. Downtown was really busy compared to the other times I was in Portland, but it was somewhat a holiday weekend. The riding was fun, but next time, id like more of it, at more places, and not taking an hour to get a new seat. haha. But for a firsttime event, it went well.

Im up for it next year, as me and Phil will know how to get around town better, and I know we will have more places to ride next time, so one place doesnt get over-ridden.

Next year though, im taking a week off before it happens, so I dont wreck and have my beck messed up and limiting my riding (still messed up, but at least I got to get a lot of film).

:slight_smile:

Yeah, my back still aches SO BADLY!

but still, can’t wait till next time :wink:

I’m already looking for the places that I know are good to ride at and marking them on maps for next year. I think it would have really helped if we hadn’t spent so long at serious juggling fixing unicycles but it was fun either way… I’m still sore… hopefully if more people come we can rent a big van and haul everyone around town to the diferent spots.

Haha, as long as on the way there, I dont have to pay for two tires and I think 80$ on gas, ill be fine as long as the cash goes.

Phil, you owe me! haha.

haha, maybe next year you should take care of all that before the trip… just maybe… hahaha then you might actually get here on schedule next time!

Well, we tried this year. Phil took his car in and had the tires checked, the guy said they were fine, and Phil asked if they would last the trip to Portland, and the guy said yeah, but even then, he was going to buy new tires, and for some reason, they wouldnt sell to him or something like that.

Im just glad the tire didnt blowout and send us flying out of control at 70mph. There was one point, sitting right behind a semi, and another semi to our left, I was just a little scared something would bad happen right at that moment.

Hows the server going?

yeah at least you tried… and it worked out just fine anyway hahaha!

I’ll be there next year. It was really fun. Just throw some muni trails in next year…

Hows the editing going?

Sadly, im still downloading from Madisons server to get his video, which has almost all the zoo and skatepark shots on it.

The fastest and steadiest speed I am getting is 22kb/s, and I have 8gigs left. It will be done in 4 more days…

But then ill be able to edit it all up and make it pretty sweet.

Blame Madison for making it take so long though! haha.

Madison, you are terrible. I blame you for everything. Make it go faster!:wink:

Madison sucks at life!

Any progress, Jerrick?

he finally got all of madison’s footage but the file is messed up.

Yeah, check the last few pages of MR and youll find the post showing it.

IT sucks!

yeah… I caved… came back to the forums for a while, but I’m pretty busy this summer so i still wont be on much… ANYWAY I’m just going to mail Jerrick the tape so he can import it himself, it will take less time and hopefully wont be all messed up.