Plethora of fat tires, time for some more fat frames?

Nice!

I remember seeing the TV ads for that game in the 70s or 80s. They did mention, in the ad, that it meant “do you remember” in some language. So it may have made perfect sense to your Grandma when she bought it.

You’re right! Hüsker dü was a 1980s punk band from Minneapolis, Minnesota, that took its name from the board game but added an extra diacritical mark. 45Nrth is located in Minneapolis, which has a latitude of 45°N.

(The second of the two songs in this clip is their version of the theme song to The Mary Tyler Moore Show, a popular comedy TV series that was set in Minneapolis.)

Things I know because I am old…

That’s really funny - but makes sense :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Sanne

I didn’t know the band, but when I follow a link in your link I found a picture of the game (which I have not seen before) with lines over the U’s. That sign does not exist in Danish, but in handwriting some people added the line over the small u’s so that they were not confused with small n’s. Nowadays I think only elderly people would put a line over the u’s.

But you are still younger than I am :roll_eyes:

Best regards,
Sanne

I can’t wait… :smiley:

24" fat tires

This thread seemed the closest thing to a general fat tire thread and there’s already a lot of good information so I’m putting in this small announcement here instead of creating a new thread. In case you don’t already know there is already one 24x4" tire available to purchase, the Vee Rubber Mission. It’s available to order directly from the UK from On-One (currently £50). It’s also available from Planet X in the US (currently $65). Planet X is supposed to be getting 24x4" tubes in within a couple weeks. On-One is making a 24" version of their Floater which should be available within a couple months.