Plethora of fat tires, time for some more fat frames?

Spam

Bringing the thread back to life, as it seems that 45Nrth is releasing a 24" version of the 4" wide Husker Du.

That should be a bless for all 24" Surly Conundrum owners out there ( like me… :slight_smile: )

Source

Arrivals, according to source, after the snow melts, 2012…

Anyone’s got more info about it?

I think that’s a typo, but hopefully not.

I sent them an e-mail.

Yes it was, page corrected :frowning:

On the subject of fat tyres/frames…

There’s also the Monster Uni from UDC, it’s a 20x4.25 inch beast. Makes quax “muni” 20 (creepy crawlerlook tyre) and feel tiny! The frame legs bow in a lot on the Monster, does that effect frame strength?

i wouldn’t worry about frame strength on that uni.

On i side note. A friend of mine is wanting to buy me a oregon so he can put his products on it :smiley:

45NRTH Husker Du on a conundrum

I need to get out for a ride - report to follow

Beautiful uni my friend

I agree with Dane M - Those Conundrums are awesome, shame they seem to be collectable antiques now. I wish I had an excuse to buy a fat uni, nowhere round here seems to require it :smiley:

With the tires pumped up around 20psi - you can ride all year on dirt. I do the same with my Salsa Mukluk. They are a blast and are well worth owning in any climate. (thanks for the compliments - I love that unicycle, I have a 24" as well that will get the new 45NRTH 24" tire as soon as it is available)

I think the same thing every day.

I got my materials… Frames are comming soon :wink:

Details, Jacob! What are you planning to make?

Details will come with pictures once the product is done. In just a couple of days hopefully :wink:

I’ve been working on this for quite a while now, I’m just hoping it will come out as nice as I am planning!

Fatty Schlumpf?

It will be compatible with a Schlumpf hub, but I’m not riding a geared fatty!

I prepared all my tubing for the first one yesterday. I should be able to get this done by next week :slight_smile:

I have another one to make so far for a friend. I’ll be ready to take orders as soon as it’s tested properly :wink:

A unicycle with TWO saddles!

Off topic:

Funny - in Danish the words “Husker du” means “Do you remember”!

Looking closer at the picture, I saw that it said “Hüsker dü” and not “Husker du”, so it probably means something totally different - in some other language. :stuck_out_tongue:

Best regards,
Sanne

That’s hilarious, I always wondered why a memory game that I used to play with my Grandma was named Husker Du!

This has become a new nickname for my cat. She is very large.