"Ping" John Foss, Hows the collar bone?

John,
Hows the collar bone healing?

Good

John, ?

Sorry, missed that one the first time, and I owe you an email or call. Time to get back out riding again! I’ve been cooped up more with work/school than healing. So far I’ve gone on one short Coker ride and in Sacramento’s Santa Parade on Nov. 24 (on my 45") but that’s been it.

Healing is a gradual process, with the two mismatched bone-ends parallel, but one end’s on top of the other. Apparently the two ends grow together, leaving a “lump” (to use the doctor’s term). Hopefully the end product is stronger than the original but I doubt it.

Day by day it’s gotten easier to move and do things, and I think I’m finally at the point where the underused muscles are more of a problem than painful arm positions. My doctor cautioned me against activities that will involve too much vibration (like riding on bumpy stuff) so I’m not sure about MUni yet, but I need to crank up the Coker miles again to get ready for my RTL qualifier.

Unfortunately right now I have the convergence of a huge photo job, the end of my classes (finals, which involve large, time-consuming projects in Flash and Photoshop), and a very large Web project. Come January 1 though, I’ll be wanting to schedule rides!

Thanks for thinking about me, people. :slight_smile:

Hi John,
Glad to hear you are healing up. Good luck getting through all your projects.

I’m sure many of us are watching our shoelaces closer these days thanks to your recent experience… I know I am! :slight_smile:

-Aaron

Lol sorry, I guess I was bored… :smiley: