Pictures of your latest ride

@Turtle: Nice ride, I WANT A STICKER “I love Liechtenstein”!!! Please, send me one!!!:stuck_out_tongue: I would really like to have a sticker like that:)

Sweet uni! Is that a Quax Cross hub?!?

Nice uni:) I just think the crown looks a little bit big.

I think it’s a painted K-1 hub because Qu-ax hubs have 48 spokes and the Try-all rim has 36 holes. I think I saw it earlier on another uni.

ya haha thats actually joe campbells wheel. The crown isnt big at all its just the picture. look at the tire it looks like its 4 inches wide haha. the crown at its widest point is about the same as a KH so with the rounded over top its never a problem.

pm my your adress, maybe i’ll send you one, but only if you put it on your uni :smiley:

Wilde Lake Columbia Maryland USA

Morning ride today

^^^^ THAT! is awesome ^^^^^^ B-) must have been a great ride

Haha, because you know unicycles are chick magnets… and you know me!….and to coin a well used phrase, “no photo and it didn’t happen” :smiley:

Anyway, I reckon threads entitled, ‘My unicycle chick-magnet photos’ and ‘My unicycle dude-magnet photos’ might be interesting. Any submissions?

My unicycle chick-magnet photos

For Monocyclism, it works for me :wink:

First ride on 36’er converted to tubeless - so far, so good!
http://unplannedismounts.com/2009/09/03/36er-gone-tubeless/

Interesting you call 35-40psi “low pressure” in your blog… I find anything over 30 is far too hard for off-road and makes the wheel follow camber on the road really badly as well. I usually run between 25 and 30psi. I’m not that light either (just under 12st). Could be the different tyre I suppose - mine’s a TA, so possibly less flexible than the 2-ply Nightrider.

What did you use for a rim strip - Split 29er tube, or a “proper” Stan’s one?

Nice 2009 KH hub :slight_smile:

Rob

Re the tires, yeah guess it is mainly the difference in tire and personal preference. I’ve only ridden the Nightrider on a 36’er. Too low psi and I really don’t like how it behaves off road (sluggish, sloppy and worse on camber IMO), too high not good either, not comfortable and too skittish off road. Around that pressure for me is a good compromise of comfort and performance. Of course there’s a fair margin for error on actual PSI too - I’m just going off what the gauge on my bike pump says :slight_smile:

The rim strip was a DIY at the local bike shop - a combo of two tapes. Will see how it goes. Rather try that vs the split 29’er tube. The guy at the LBS is making a 36’er MTB for himself, Ti frame etc (should be SWEET!) - so had the bits and pieces there for tubeless.

Our last ride of winter (last week) in Tokai Forest, Cape Town. The weather was certainly leaning towards Spring.

Ethan

JohnnyReggae

WOFT

WOFT, that last picture is sick !!!

I wanna muni after looking at all these pics …

Exactly what I thought when I saw those pictures. Muni is awsome! :smiley:

From last Monday’s ride with Gadge and Nov. We spent most of the day riding around Sherwood Pines, falling out with idiots.

Today’s ride on the 36er. I went much farther afield than usual.

The picture with Spyglass Hill in the background was taken from the place marked with a red arrow in the other picture which, of course, was taken from the top of Spyglass Hill. (Spyglass Hill is my own name for the hill which overlooks the Cursed Earth and the colliery near to The Desert. For 5 meaningless points, where did I get the name from?)

It’s not exactly an Alp - not even an Alpette - but a Kyoto showed, you can have a summit without a particularly great achievement. I can climb it “in one” on the KH24, but I failed today on the 36". The last bit was just too steep.

The spoil heap is marked on one of the pictures. This has featured in various ride write ups. It was well windy up there today. The hole in the bottom of the seat tube was fluting in the wind, and it went “woo woo woo” as my leg blocked the wind with every second pedal stroke!

1 Spyglass Hill from forest corner.jpg

Sweet pics, thats a huge jump from the dirt jump.

Wow, UMan, I never noticed that at first!

Nessie.jpg