Pictures of your latest ride

Llanelli and around the coast

Pic1 = Into the Blue poses with his new duel Unicycle aka Duni !
PIc 2 = Taking a break on the steps of the auditorium
pic 3

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

From this morning. No filming today…not even a tripod haha. Just riding and loving it! :smiley:

Your pics make me want to go ride Terry. To bad I don’t have a Muni (I’ve found some nearby trails). :frowning: Ohhh well street/trials riding it is!

Meet at dawn, Cokers at ten paces. En garde!

Nice pics.

Rob

I always thought it was a bad idea to put stickers on helmets.
Isn’t there something in the glue that kinda messes with the structure of the helmet or something?

Haven’t ridden the 36’er much lately, was lots of fun to get out in the forest today on the big wheel though my legs were feeling a little empty.

Also was the first run on the drilled Nimbus rim.

Short ride along the waterfront, playing with the timer and burst function of the camera.

n588590736_2950978_4344056.jpg

From an evening ride during the week. Unfortunately, the ones of me doing the difficult climb didn’t come out, due to operator error.

Some from today’s ride - mostly around familiar territory, taking in parts of Sherwood Forest, The Desert, Spyglass Hill, the spoil heap and the downhill course. Write up may follow.

Hilltop 3.jpg

I dont think so, maybe in a REALLY long time it will mess up my helmet but I’ve been using it for one year with stickers on and it still cool;) I like bumper stickers on helmet, espetialy the unicycle ones :sunglasses:

I think the problem with stickers is mainly for helmets for high speed high impact sports, such as riding a motorcycle badly.

One problem is that some glues and some solvents (used to remove stickers) can damage the composition of certain types of helmet. Motorbike helmets are often composites. Bicycle helmets are usually simple one piece plastic mouldings, with padding and straps added.

The other problem may be some difference in the friction characteristics. Coming off a motorbike at 70 mph you would prefer your helmet to slide along the road rather than gripping it.

A final problem is that some idiots may use stickers to cover “cosmetic” damage to a helmet - although the damage may be worse than cosmetic.

For unicycling in a cycle helmet, I would not expect stickers to be a problem.

Blessed are the cracked 'cause they let in the light.

my elder son (8) got his first 24" muni, so we did a nice first ride:

That is one happy kid!

That looks quite a drop-off at the bottom of that muddy slope, Mike. Is it much less vertical than it looks, or have you got into big drops? It looks about 4ft judging by the size of the unicycle - I don’t think I’d have the guts to drop that far. Did you land it, dude?

Rob

It’s not vertical, but it is too steep for traction. It’s the sort of slope that you spin and slide down, and hope to ride out of it at the bottom.

The photograph shows where the unicycle decided to stop, and is taken from roughly where I came to rest - or where I came to rest, roughly!

If you look, the wheel is embedded in gloopy mud.

Had it not been for the mud, I think I would have ridden it successfully.

Unicycle descent of 14,433’ Mt. Elbert East Ridge (~5,000ft of vertical in 6 miles!). See my trip report over on 14ers.com

@munisano: that looks like a nice ride :sunglasses:

great pics!

@turtle: Thanks I really had a fun time! Hopefully the folks who said they’d send me the riding photos they took will come through!

i made a little bit a longer lunch, instead of eating something id did a ride with “turtle’s V”: 45km with a steep (at least it felt for me steep with the 125cranks) uphill in it, 800vertical meters. flat and uphill was mostly asphalt, downhill a gravel road.

(sorry i forgot the tripod today…)