Pictures of your latest ride

The road is not too steep but this was hard braking from going about 15 mph to a stop.

I dont get it, you would have to learn pretty much forward to achieve 15 mph, and to lean back that far to brake in an instant, im impressed if so without a fantastic UPD.
Kudos to you if you pulled it off.

The problem is not to be thrown forward, when I UPD is because I lose the contact of one of the feet from the pedal and I fall back of the unicycle, never falled forward.
Anyway I’ll keep in mind your advice.
Thanks.

Perfect afternoon on Katoomba single track.

It is a full-blown spring here in Krakow, but it turned out that the snow is still up there in the mountains. Still it didn’t destroy our fun.
More photos and a short write-up on my blog: http://vooni.kkdt.org/post/116192177974/there-is-still-snow-in-the-mountains

For the first time in aprox. half a year I was riding outside yesterday. Luckily I hadn’t forgot everything and had a nice ride of 12 km. The weather was sunny - the first real spring-day this year. In 2-3 weeks the forest will be green, but rigth now it looks like this:

Best regards,
Sanne

step-in pedals?

Are you using SPD Clipless pedals? :open_mouth:

A fair few G36er riders use them (including that guy in the photo, I think he did another race not long ago but with a G36), but using them for MUni sounds beyond ballsy!

OK, so there’s a story here. When I first got my 29er uni (my first ‘proper’ one), my friend got me to ride to this lake. It took me so long that it was night-time by the time we got there, so we ended up getting a lift home! :smiley: This isn’t just because of the distance, but also because of the fact that we got lost about 500 times on the way there, including a good knee-deep wade through a field full of cow crap. Lovely.

We attempted it again a while later, this time both on bikes. We actually made good time, remembering to avoid ‘the field’, as well as generally knowing the route a bit better so not having to stop every 10 minutes to check. This time, my friend got a puncture, and guess what we forgot to bring with us? Yepp, puncture fixin’ gear. Luckily we actually made it to the lake before noticing, so his parents knew where to come and pick us up again.

So this has been a huge mental barrier - THE LAKE OF DOOM!! As I’m wanting to start doing some long rides now I’ve got a 36er, I felt it was time to conquer this lake once and for all. I mapped my own route (I’m a wimp when it comes to roads, so I made the route slightly longer but far less roady), and went for it - alone! :smiley: My parents don’t drive, so if I wimp out on this one, I’m walking home. It turns out, doing an off-road route was hugely beneficial - the route my friend took me on was a constant barrage of super-steep hills, which while easy on the ol’ 29er with long cranks, would’ve proved to be a bit too much on the 36er with short ones. My route was almost perfectly flat, apart from the road leading to the lake itself.

TL;DR: conquered a mountain and squished it into a molehill! :smiley:

Now, these two pictures… These weren’t that far from my house actually, but I’d never ridden this bike path before (I was VERY pleasantly surprised by how good the cycling infrastructure is on this side of the town) so they were new to me. Presumably they’re some sort of alien landing beacons. At first I thought they were part of the Irwell Sculpture Trail, but I think the aliens theory is far more plausable.

Hello PM, I enjoyed reading your post. Yep, them’s aliens for sure. I see a Dalek approaching two tardis, right there. :astonished:

I’m not drunk as I post this reply. Honest. :smiley:

A short video of life on the 29er.

Going back out later this week on the 36… friend wants a video of me dying I guess. : P

a little sandy, but mostly nice and smooth.

:smiley: nice vid.
Nah, on that trail totally doable on the 36er because of the smoothness which the 36er really enjoys. Just keep the seat low so your whole body can act as a shock absorber. Actually not too dramatic from the 29er. Just hopping on the 36er takes lot more effort because of weight.

Single track on south coast of NSW today. Birds singing, gentle breeze, golden sunshine (in the morning this might’ve been the afternoon).

Nice small detour on the way to work as the quarry I’m passing is now full of blossom trees.

I’ll definitely give it a shot. I’ve got some cheap 170s laying around that I got on sale for just such the occasion. I have tried to ride it on rougher stuff before but it… uhh… didn’t work out : )

seems to be all about just carrying that momentum on the rolling hills. If that’s the case I would think the 36er would be great, I’m just used to having that saddle as far up as it can go and riding the 125s.

First muni ride this season! There was still some fresh snow and mud at parts but it was still a blast!

Running City Moscow 2015

We participated in the urban orienteering competition “Running City Moscow 2015”

Enjoying a refreshing beverage with friends after a long ride! :smiley:

Uni buddies from left to right: Bertha, Orca, Slim Jim, Foxy. (The others are “hanging around” just out of view.)

Ha, ha. Great photo Terry. They’re a thirsty looking bunch. :slight_smile:

Someone else with a Uni named Bertha! Nice. That’s the name of my KH36er. :slight_smile: